Table of Contents
- What is Intel® INDE?
- What are the key features of Intel® INDE?
- How can I obtain a copy of the tool?
- What are the system hardware and software requirements to install and run the Intel® INDE?
- How do I receive licenses to the tools Intel® INDE provides?
- How do I receive updates to Intel® INDE and the tools it provides?
- What tools does Intel® INDE provide access to?
- Which target devices do the tools within Intel INDE support development for?
- There's a tool I'd like Intel® INDE to support. How do I share my feedback with Intel?
- Is an Internet connection required to use Intel® INDE?
- How do I install Intel® INDE?”"
What is Intel® INDE?
Intel® INDE is a beta cross-platform productivity suite built with today's developer in mind that provides developers with tools, support, integration and updates to create high-performance C++/Java* applications for Android* that run on ARM* and run best on Intel® architecture-based devices. The first release of Intel® INDE focuses on delivering tools to support each step of the development chain for Android* targets, with some support for Microsoft Windows* targets. Additional support will be added throughout the year.
What are the key features of Intel® INDE?
Intel® INDE enables faster development by providing cross-platform tools, samples & libraries for environment setup, code creation, compilation, debugging and analysis. Developers can code quickly with integration of tools into popular IDEs, while being future proof with automatic updates to the latest tools and technology. Intel® INDE supports 64-bit host systems running Microsoft Windows* 7-8.1 and ARM* and Intel® architecture-based target devices running Android 4.3 & up, and Microsoft Windows* 7-8.1 devices based on Intel® architecture. Intel® INDE is an early access beta available for free at intel.com/software/INDE.
The key features supported in this release are:
- Develop Quickly: IDE integration of tools into popular IDEs including Eclipse* & vs-android*
- Cross-Platform Meets Performance: C++/Java native tools & samples for Android* on ARM* and Intel® Architecture, & Microsoft Windows.
- Future-Proof: automatic updates to the latest tools & technology.
How can I obtain a copy of the tool?
Intel® INDE is available as a free beta download at www.intel.com/software/INDE.
What are the system hardware and software requirements to install and run Intel® INDE?
Intel® INDE runs on 64-bit Microsoft Windows 7-8.1 host systems. Your system must have Intel® Virtualization Technology¹ enabled in BIOS in order to run Intel® Hardware Accelerated Execution Manager (Intel® HAXM). Intel® HAXM is an optional installation in the environment setup component of Intel® INDE.
- Microsoft Windows* 7 64-bit or newer
- 4GB RAM
- 6GB free disk space
Note: once you download the Intel® INDE installer, install Environment Setup and select your existing IDE (Microsoft Windows* Professional 2012-2013, Eclipse* or Android Studio*) for tool integration, or install Eclipse* through Environment Setup to integrate into Eclipse.
How do I receive licenses for the tools Intel® INDE provides?
Intel® INDE prompts you to view and accept licenses of all tools that you choose to download through Intel® INDE during tool installation.
How do I receive updates for Intel® INDE and the tools it provides?
Intel® INDE checks for software updates on a regular basis. Once a software update becomes available, you will receive a notification through Intel® INDE and will be prompted to install the update on your system.
- Intel® INDE Media pack for Android*
- Intel® Threading Building Blocks
- Compute code builder beta
- Intel® C++ Compiler for Android*
- System Analyzer – part of Intel® Graphics Performance Analyzers (Intel® GPA)
- Platform Analyzer – part of Intel® GPA
- Frame Analyzer – part of Intel® GPA
- Intel® Frame Debugger
- Environment Setup –includes an optional installation of Intel® Hardware Accelerated Execution Manager (Intel® HAXM)
- Google Android* SDK – an optional component that is part of Environment Setup
- Android* NDK – an optional component that is part of Environment Setup
- Android* Design – an optional component that is part of Environment Setup
- Apache Ant* – an optional component that is part of Environment Setup
- vs-android plug-in for Microsoft* Visual Studio* - an optional installation that is part of Environment Setup
Which target devices do the tools within Intel INDE support development for?
All tools support development for Android* targets beginning with Android 4.3 and up, with the exception of the analyzers and Frame Debugger, which support Intel Architecture-based devices running Android* 4.4 and up, with beta support for a limited set of ARM*-based devices running Android 4.3 and up. The analyzers, compute code builder and threading tools also support Microsoft Windows* 7-8.1 client targets running on Intel architecture-based devices.
There's a tool I'd like Intel® INDE to support. How do I share my feedback with Intel?
Your feedback is important to us. Please submit your feedback to the Intel® INDE forum.
Is an Internet connection required to use Intel® INDE?
A stable internet connection is required to install Intel® INDE and the tools available within Intel® INDE. Once you've downloaded tools from Intel® INDE, an internet connection is not required to use them. It is, however, required to maintain and check for updates and notifications.
How do I install Intel® INDE?
Following the installation guide to quickly get setup and using Intel® INDE
Related Articles and Resources:
- Intel Hardware Accelerated Execution Manager
- Intel Virtualization Technology: A Primer
- Intel INDE
- Android - Intel Developer Zone
1Intel® Virtualization Technology requires a computer system with an enabled Intel® processor, BIOS, and virtual machine monitor (VMM). Functionality, performance or other benefits will vary depending on hardware and software configurations. Software applications may not be compatible with all operating systems. Consult your PC manufacturer. For more information, visit http://www.intel.com/go/virtualization.