There are a wide variety of accessories that you can get that work with the Intel® Joule™ compute module. This section discusses some options you have and provides design guidance to help you develop these items for your use case.
Reference Expansion Boards
- Development Kit Overview - the Expansion Board designed by Intel®.
- See the Expansion Board Engineering Files for files required to have a facility fabricate and assemble the expansion board
- See the Expansion Board Design Guide for guidance on designing your own expansion or carrier board for the Intel Joule module.
- See the Expansion Board Datasheet for specifications and technical details.
96Boards compatible carrier board - a reference design to demonstrate functionality within a layout and configuration familiar to those who have worked on other 96Boards™ products.
You have several options for cooling the Intel® Joule™ module based on the amount of work the module is doing. See the Thermal Management Guide for additional information about the module’s thermal considerations. See Heatsink Options for custom cooling ideas.
- Reference Passive Heatsink Assembly - included in the Development Kit. Use this solution for workloads up to 2 watts.
- Reference Fan Mounting Block - for intermediate workloads, we recommend a fan moving air across the thermal plate. Use this mounting block for the fan.
- Reference Integrated Fan Heatsink (Fansink) Assembly - for workloads above 4 watts. Or, you can create your own with this downloadable design package, provided under the Creative Commons Attribution 3.0* (unported) license, also included in the zip file.
- Combination of Reference Fan Mounting Block and Passive Heatsink Assembly - a fan moving air over the passive heatsink assembly is also effective for workloads above 4 watts.
- Low Profile Enclosure - general purpose enclosure for the expansion board assembly. Has space for heatsink and or fan.
- Camera and Fan Enclosure - enclosure for expansion board plus MIPI CSI cameras and active cooling solution.
3D Printable Parts
Intel provides the files you need to print your own items that augment the Intel Joule compute module. There are replacement parts, tools, and mounting brackets available, along with use or assembly instructions:
- Module Removal Tool - this tool helps you safely remove the module from the expansion board. Also includes instructions for removal and reattachment.
- Heatsink Mounting Frame - replacement part should you need it. Holds the heatsink to the module.
- Fan Mounting Block - used to attach a cooling fan for the module. This is a cooling solution for moderate workloads.
- Model of the Module - representative physical sample of the module itself.
Intel® RealSense™ Camera
- Intel® RealSense™ Camera ZR300 requires the Intel® Joule™ module 570. Use the instructions in Connect the ZR300 to the Development Kit to get started.