In this step, you will:
- Install the Grove Pi+* board
- Connect your micro USB cable
- Connect your Ethernet cable
- Power up your board
Install the Grove Pi+* board
- On the UP²* board, locate the small white arrow. This indicates connector 1 on the board.
- Line up pin 1 on the Grove Pi+ board with connector 1 on the UP² board, and carefully press down so that the pins on the Grove Pi+ board slide neatly into the connectors.
Plug the Micro USB Cable into the UP²* Board
- On the UP² board, locate the USB 3.0 Micro B port. The micro USB cable plugs into the left side of this port.
- Plug the micro USB cable into the left side of the USB port on the UP² board.
- Connect the micro USB cable to your host computer.
Note: Even though you might see lights turn on after you plug in the micro USB cable, this connection isn't enough to power your board reliably. The micro USB connection is used to set up the Arduino Create development environment. You'll connect the board to a power supply shortly.
Connect the Ethernet Cable to the UP²* Board AND to your Router
- Plug the Ethernet cable into the UP² board.
Note: The Ethernet cable must be plugged in before powering on your board in order for your board to get an IP address.
- Plug the other end of the Ethernet cable into your router.
Note: Your host computer does not need to be on the same network as your UP² board.
Power up your board
- Plug in your UP² board to its power supply and plug the power supply into an electrical outlet.
Note: If you need to turn off your board, you can do so by pressing the small white button next to the blue LED, or you can simply unplug the power cable.
Connections are complete!
Your board should look like this. You're ready for the next step.