App Designer, part of the Intel® XDK, is a WYSIWYG layout tool for creating user interfaces. Key features include:
- Multiple UI frameworks - The App Designer supports these UI frameworks: App Framework, Twitter Bootstrap 3*, Framework7*, Ionic*, jQuery Mobile*, Ratchet*, and Topcoat*.
- Round-trip editing - Start creating your apps in App Designer, switch to the built-in editor (CODE view in the DEVELOP tab) and modify your code directly, then switch back to App Designer (DESIGN view).
- Responsive design - Create layouts that automatically adapt to a wide range of devices and form factors.
- Animated containers - Take advantage of animated sidebars and crossbars to add pizzazz to your apps.
- Services integration - Incorporate web service data directly from the DEVELOP tab.
See the Intel XDK button on the DEVELOP tab for a list of short App Designer videos (less than five minutes each), beginning with the Getting Started video.
You can view the series of App Designer videos by searching the Intel Software TV network or by selecting a video below:
- Getting Started
- Part 1-Controls
- Part 2-Row and Column Layout
- Part 3-Responsive Design
- Part 4-Styles
- Part 5-Media Queries
- Part 6-Animated Containers
- Part 7-Positioning
- Part 8-Images
- Part 10-Pages
- Part 11-Interactivity
- Part 12-Themes
- Part 13-Using Services Datafeed in App Designer
- Part 14-OAuth2 and Services
- Part 15-Service Results as Markers on a Google Map
- Part 16-Interlinking Services and UI Controls
- Infinite scroll in Framework7
- Pull-to-refresh in Framework7
- Making a simple to do application using Framework7 in App Designer