Intel® Setup and Configuration Software 11
Intel® Setup and Configuration Software (Intel® SCS) is a tool collection of software components and utilities developed by Intel. You can use Intel SCS to discover, configure, and maintain Intel® products and capabilities on the platforms in your network. Intel SCS includes these components:
- Remote Configuration Service (RCS) – The RCS is a Windows* based service that runs on a computer in the network. The RCS can process configuration requests sent by the other Intel SCS components. In database mode, the RCS also handles storage of data collected and sent to the RCS by other Intel SCS components.
- Intel® Setup and Configuration Service Console (Intel® SCS Console) – The Intel SCS Console is the user interface to the RCS. You can use the Intel SCS Console to create and edit configuration profiles for supported Intel products and capabilities. In database mode, the Intel SCS Console also lets you view data about Intel products that were sent to the RCS. Database mode also includes additional options for Intel® Active Management Technology (Intel® AMT). These options include monitoring Intel AMT systems and creating and running jobs on multiple Intel AMT systems.
- Configurator – The Configurator (ACUConfig.exe) is used to configure Intel AMT (only) and runs locally on each Intel AMT system. You can use the Configurator to configure the system locally or send a configuration request to the RCS.
- Intel® AMT Configuration Utility – This utility (ACUWizard.exe) is a wizard that you can use to quickly configure individual systems or create XML profiles for host-based configuration using the Configurator. This utility does not interface with the RCS and cannot be used to send requests or data to the RCS.
- Discovery Utility – The Discovery Utility (SCSDiscovery.exe) can be used to get detailed data about Intel AMT (only). This utility does not interface with the RCS. (The Configurator CLI includes a <SystemDiscovery> command that does interface with the RCS.)
- Solutions Framework – The Solutions Framework extends the capability of Intel SCS to discover and configure other Intel products in addition to Intel AMT.
- Platform Discovery Utility – The Platform Discovery Utility (PlatformDiscovery.exe) is used to discover which Intel products and capabilities exist on your platforms. This utility returns top-level data about the hardware and software of each Intel product that exists on your platforms. You can use this data to determine which Intel products you can enable on your platforms, and which software or hardware updates are required.
- Encryption Utility – The Encryption Utility (SCSEncryption.exe) is used to encrypt/decrypt XML files used by Intel SCS.
Download Location for Intel SCS
Intel® vPro™ Platform Solution Manager
- As an IIS website. By setting up the IIS version of the tool, people can access Intel AMT features without installing anything; just navigate to a web address.
- NodeJS. By installing Mesh Commander as an executable, it makes the software very portable and simplifies installation.
*No product or component can be absolutely secure.