Option 1: Install using a License File
- Copy the license file onto your machine. The default license file directories are:
• Windows*: C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Intel\Licenses
• Linux*: /opt/intel/licenses
• Mac OS*: /Users/Shared/Library/Application Support/Intel/Licenses
- Start the installation program
- On the Activation screen, select Choose alternative activation and click Next.
- Select Use a license file and click Next.
- Enter the path to your license file into the box or click Browse to browse to the license file using Windows Explorer.
- Click Next and proceed with the installation.
- Start the installation program.
- On the Activation screen, select Choose alternative activation and Click Next.
- Select Use remote activation.
- Click Next. This leads to Activation - Activate Remotely.
- In the Enter Serial Number box under Step 1, enter your Serial Number.
- This will generate a code in the Step 2 box. Copy this code
- Go to https://registrationcenter.intel.com/regcenter/RemoteActivation.aspx
- Enter the code from the Step 2 box into the Activation Code box.
- Click on [Submit] and we will send the license file for your serial number to the serial number owner.
- Proceed with the installation using this license file. See steps in Option 1 above.
Instructions if you need to get your license file:
How Do I Get My License File for Intel® Parallel Studio XE 2016 or Intel® System Studio 2016? https://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/how-do-i-get-my-license-file-for-intel-parallel-studio-xe-2016
For pre-2016 product see https://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/resend-license-file