Reduce PCI DSS Scope with Internal Tokenization
PCI DSS Compliance Background
In order to reduce ongoing Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS) assessment costs, organizations are constantly seeking ways to reduce the scope of their PCI DSS assessments. However, they also need to ensure that the security technology solutions they choose adequately protect customers’ sensitive credit card information from ever-changing internal and external threats.
Offered in conjunction with our industry-leading Intel® Expressway Service Gateway, Intel® Expressway Tokenization Broker lowers costs and dramatically simplifies PCI DSS compliance and administration for organizations across all industry types that accept, capture, store, transmit or process credit card or debit card data. Tokenization Broker replaces customers’ sensitive Primary Account Number (PAN) information with secure tokens. For downstream applications that receive tokens instead of PAN data, PCI scope is either reduced or even eliminated.
Tokenization Broker's Capabilities:
By leveraging Tokenization Broker, your organization will benefit in the following ways:
- PCI Scope Reduction: Intel Expressway Tokenization Broker isolates PCI scope to systems, internal groups and processes that are clearly identified and actively managed by your organization’s IT department.
- Better Control: By utilizing our secure hardware/software appliance, your organization effectively processes and manages PAN data on-premises, safely and securely.
- Improved Flexibility: You select the tokenization approach that best fits your business needs and avoid typical token migration challenges that are associated with managing wide-reaching tokenization programs in-house.
- Convenient Implementation: Existing payment processor dataflow is maintained, allowing you to continue to process valuable data. You’ll experience minimal changes to existing applications and benefit from security protection that’s powered by proven Dell Intel® Xeon 5500 and 5600 Series server appliances.
- High-Performance & Consistency: Our tokenization broker’s high-performance operations facilitate low-latency document processing across a wide array of standard formats, permitting you to focus on strategic business initiatives.