The Instrumentation and Tracing Technology (ITT) API enables your application to generate and
control the collection of trace data during its execution.
ITT API that is described in this article is intended for use with Intel® VTune™ Amplifier XE. ITT API provides the following capabilities:
- Enable user to control collection
- Enable user to set marks during the execution of the specific code
- Enable user to mark frames and tasks
- Enable user to profile runtime generated code (also referred to as Just-In-Time code)
- Enable user to specify custom synchronization primitives implemented without standard system APIs
- Supports applications in C/C++ environments
- User applications/modules linked to the static user API library do not have a runtime dependency on a dynamic library. Therefore, they can be executed without VTune Amplifier or other Parallel Studio tools.
Please refer to Intel VTune Amplifier XE documentation for more details about using ITT API.
This article contains source code of ITT API (open source version) in the attached archive.