This project is open source UEFI firmware, based on the TianoCore EDK II codebase, for the following platforms based on the Intel Atom® Processor E3900 Series processor (formerly Apollo Lake):
- Leaf Hill Customer Reference Board (CRB)
- MinnowBoard* 3 Module (Pre-production Board, ship date TBD)
- UP Squared (UP2) Production board from AAEON*
Please report any firmware issues in TianoCore Bugzilla under the 'EDK2 Platforms' product field.
Note: release 0.70 updates the codebase to the UDK2018 core release, and moves to a new branch of edk2-platforms on GitHub* (devel-IntelAtomProcessorE3900). Releases prior to 0.69 are based on different branches (devel-MinnowBoard3-UDK2017 and devel-MinnowBoard3).
Current Firmware Releases
Intel Atom® Processor E3900 Series Release
IntelAtomE3900-0.71 Binary.Objects Modules
MinnowBoard 3 0.71 Firmware Images
Leaf Hill-0.71-Firmware Images
UP Squared-0.71-Firmware Images
Firmware Update Utilities
Flash Update Utilities
The FirmwareUpdateUtilities ZIP file contains IA32 & x64 utilities for the UEFI Shell. These utilities require the 'BIOS Lock' feature to be disabled. Please refer to the release notes for programming instructions.
- IntelAtomE3900-0.71-ReleaseNotes (TXT file for supported features, known issues)
- IntelAtomE3900-0.71-BuildInstructions (TXT file; Build instructions for compiling firmware from source)
- Open Source UEFI Firmware Enabling Guide: Intel Atom Processor E3900 Series Platforms
- UEFI Porting Guide for the Intel Atom processor E3900 Series
MinnowBoard is an open source hardware enabler, encouraging platform experimentation and derivative designs. The project supports Open Source Hardware Association principles by making designs publicly available for the community so “anyone can study, modify, distribute, make, and sell the design or hardware based on that design.” (OSHWA)
MinnowBoard 3 is based on the Intel Atom processor E3900 Series platform, utilizing the Intel® Firmware Support Package (Intel® FSP) and open source UEFI from the TianoCore EDK II project. MinnowBoard 3 Module firmware is made available in advance of the hardware release. Developers can download pre-built UEFI firmware images, utilities, binary object modules, and project release notes. Note the source project also requires several small binary object modules, which are provided here for download.