Monday, 13th of August GDC Europe in Cologne is calling and we are showing to game developers what Intel has to offer for them on a software as well as hardware basis.
What is Intel talking about (click on the titles to get the slides - pdf)
- "Expand Your Customer Base! Develop for Mainstream Graphics"
Graphics – Philipp Gerasimov
Monday, Aug. 13th – 2.30h pm
- "Developing Games for Android Running on x86"
Android – Steve Hughes
Tuesday, Aug. 14th – 11h am
- "Bringing ‘AAA’ gaming to the next generation of Ultrabooks"
Ultrabook – Leigh Davies
Tuesday, Aug. 14th – 4.00h pm
What is Intel showing?
"Today we just released the Intel® Graphics Performance Analyzers R4."
Leigh Davis, Senior Graphics Application Engineer.
To get further information visit our booth in the exhibitor hall booth #151. Here you can get a hands-on demo of the Intel® Graphics Performance Analyzers R4.
- Intel GPA 2012 is a powerful suite of tools that provides actionable performance and frame analysis for game developers.
- Intel GPA R4 is now available as a free download at intel.com/software/gpa
- With Intel® GPA 2012 R4 Intel brings to Android for the first time support for Intel Atom processor-based Android devices such as smart phones and tablets.
- Intel GPA 2012 R4 also supports Power Management profiling using the Intel GPA System Manager Stand-alone mode. This is particularly useful for low power devices such as smart phones, tablets and Ultrabooks
The 3rd generation Intel Core (also known as Ivy Bridge) Ultrabook™ - Inspired by Intel
Next to your software tools we show our newest hardware that enables developers to bring latest game technologies like DirectX11 gaming to mainstream graphics opening up a huge market for their games.
We are showcasing an Intel Ultrabook Software Development Platform (SDP) - SDP’s are proof of concept and not production systems but Intel provides these systems to developers to give them a head start on Microsoft Windows 8 application development especially leveraging on sensors and touch.
This SDP is equipped with an 3rd generation Intel® Core™ i7-3667U Processor (codename Ivy Bridge) with only 17W TPD but full DirectX11 capabilities, full sensor support (Accelerometer, Magnetometer, Gyro meter, Ambien Light Sensor, GPS) as well as an 13" 5point multi-touch display in an very sleek and light weight form factor.
- Processor: Intel® Core™ i7-3667U Processor (4M Cache, up to 3.20 GHz, ULV, 17W)
- Chipset: Mobile Intel® UM77 Express Chipset
- Memory: 4GB DDR3L 1333Mhz
- Storage: Intel® SSD 520 Series (120GB, 2.5in SATA 6Gb/s, 25nm, MLC)
- Display: 113,3" 1600x900; Atmel 5xmultitouch controller
- Sensors: Accelerometer, Magnetometer, Gyro meter, Ambien Light Sensor
- GPS: yes
- NFC: yes
- WLAN: Intel® Centrino® Advanced-N 6235 (Jackson Peak 2)
- Camera: 1,3MP
- Battery: 47Wh
- OS: Microsoft Windows 8 Release Preview 8400
Get rewarded for your App
Regardless if you are an Android and/or PC developer we have offer two good opportunities to get rewarded for great application.
- Android at Play: Android Game App Contest
$25.000 cash prize
deadline November 6th 2012
- Ultrabook™ Experience software contest
30 Ultrabooks & three special prices
deadline August 31st 2012
Ultrabook @ Intel booth GDC Europe 2012
DirectX11 demo sample & GPA R4 @ Intel booth GDC Europe 2012
GPA R4 for Android @ Intel booth GDC Europe 2012
Intel powered Android smartphone @ Intel booth GDC Europe 2012
Intel Graphics Performance Analyzer R4 for Android Devices – Anton Lapshin
Intel Inspired Ultrabooks and the Intel Powered Android Phone - Björn Taubert
Samples and Intel GPA on 3rd generation Intel Core Ultrabook – Leigh Davies
Leigh Davies about his presentation at GDC Europe 2012
Steve Hughes about his presentation at GDC Europe 2012
Visitors Voices from GDC Europe 2012