Optimization reports can help you address vectorization and optimization issues.
When you build a solution or project, the compiler generates optimization diagnostics. You can view the optimization reports in the following windows:
- The Compiler Optimization Report window, either grouped by loops or in a flat format.
- The Compiler Inline Report window.
- The optimization annotations, which are integrated within the source editor.
To enable viewing for the optimization reports:
In your project's property pages, select Configuration Properties > C/C++ > Diagnostics [Intel C++].
Set a non-default value for any of the following options:
- Optimization Diagnostics Level
- Optimization Diagnostics Phase
- Optimization Diagnostics Routine
Build your project to generate an optimization report.
When the compiler generates optimization diagnostics, the Compiler Optimization Report and the Compiler Inline Report windows open, and the optimization report annotations appear in the source editor.