In Intel® Data Analytics Acceleration Library (Intel® DAAL), a quality metric is a numerical characteristic or a set of connected numerical characteristics that represents the qualitative aspect of the result returned by an algorithm: a computed statistical estimate, model, or result of decision making.
A common set of quality metrics can be defined for some training and prediction algorithms.
A typical workflow with quality metric set is the following:
- Create a quality metric set object to compute quality metrics.
- Set specific parameters for the algorithms.
- Use the useDefaultMetrics flag to specify whether the default or user-defined quality metrics should be computed.
- Get an input collection object using QualityMetricsId of a specific algorithm.
- Set data to the input collection using the algorithm's InputId.
- Perform computation.
- Get the resulting collection of quality metrics using the algorithm's ResultId.
NoteFor values of InputId, Parameters, QualityMetricsId, ResultId, refer to the description of a specific algorithm.
Quality metrics are optional. They are computed when the computation is explicitly requested.