Priority Support FAQ
- Who is eligible to receive Priority Support?
- Customers with paid Intel® Software Development Products with current active support are eligible for Priority Support. You need to register your product on the Intel® Registration Center to receive Priority Support. We also encourage customers to visit our user forums for support with related issues, such as programming practices and discussions with other users.
Customers with free licenses such as student, educator, open source contributor, or Intel® Performance Libraries do not qualify for Priority Support. You may seek technical support from Intel community user forums that are followed by expert users. Products with Priority Support may be purchased directly from the Intel® Web Store or from our resellers.
Get started questions (registration, sign up, download, licensing, or installation) may be submitted whether you have active Priority Support or not.
- I have Priority Support. Where do I submit support tickets?
- Customers with Priority Support may submit requests to the Online Service Center regarding various Intel products, including Intel® Software Development Products. Requests can include questions, problems, and other technical support issues. Customers can also monitor previously submitted issues.
- How do I create an account?
- If you don’t already have an Intel account, you can create one by signing up for one or by registering an Intel® Software Development Product on the Intel Registration Center. Use your account to obtain Priority Support at the Online Service Center, as well as access our developer forums.
For more information see the relevant Registration FAQ entry.
- Registering your Intel® Software Development Product on the Intel® Registration Center will create a single sign-in account that you can use to access Priority Support at the Online Service Center as well as our developer forums.
- Do I need to register all my products for Priority Support?
- Yes. Priority Support eligibility is determined by a current support registration for the product for which your request is submitted.
- I am unable to log on to get to the Online Service Center. What should I do?
- Follow these steps to resolve your login issues:
- On the Online Service Center page, click Request Support, and then click Sign In. Make sure that your current language is set correctly and that Caps Lock is disabled on your keyboard.
- If you received the error message that your password or login ID is not correct, recover the login ID by clicking the Forgot your Intel username or password? links.
- If you don’t remember your login ID, click Forgot username to retrieve it. Enter the email address you used during the registration to receive the login ID.
- You can then click Forgot password to recover the password using the received login ID.
For account access and password reset issues only, contact us.
- How do I submit a request to the Online Service Center for Priority Support with Intel® Software Development Products?
- On the main page, click Request Support. If you have not logged on, you will be prompted to do so. On the product selection page, in step 1, select A product or service I already own or use. In step 2, select Search for a product or service by name and search for the product by typing its name.
Once you have selected the product, follow the series of questions based on the product to complete your request. For more details on creating a support request, see How to Create a Support Request at the Online Service Center.
- I need to attach a file to my request that is larger than the limit. How do I send the file to support?
- There is currently no mechanism for customers to attach larger files. You can upload your file to a cloud or another online service and provide the information to retrieve the file in your support request. If you need to ensure a direct connection to provide confidential files, state this in your request and we will work with you to determine the best solution.
- How do I find my existing requests?
- On the main page of the Online Service Center, when you are logged on, you will see a list of your current requests in the Support history section. You can view details for any request here, and send a post to technical support for any open request. Recently closed requests can be reopened for 15 days.
- How do I get product updates?
- Product updates are available through the Intel® Registration Center. See the Purchasing, Renewing, and Upgrading FAQ for more information.
- What happens to my request if my support expires while my request is open?
- Priority Support is based on your support status at the time of request submission. If your request is not resolved by the time your support expires, you will still receive the same Priority Support. However, if a fix for a technical issue is implemented in a product version released after your support has expired, you will need to renew support in order to use the newer version of the product.
- How do additional developers get support under a floating license?
- A floating license allows more than one developer to use the product at the same time, and also allows more than one developer to qualify for Priority Support as a registered user of the floating license.
One restriction applies: all developers who want to register the floating serial number need to have an email address with the same domain as the license owner.
For more information, see How to add users to a floating license.
Once a user has been added to the floating serial number, that user will also get Priority Support for that product.