How to find if multicore is enabled

How to find if multicore is enabled

Аватар пользователя anandakumaryg

Hi,

Could any one help me to check if multicore property is enabled through c++..

Thanks,
Ananda

5 сообщений / 0 новое
Последнее сообщение
Пожалуйста, обратитесь к странице Уведомление об оптимизации для более подробной информации относительно производительности и оптимизации в программных продуктах компании Intel.
Аватар пользователя gaston-hillar
Quoting - anandakumaryg Hi,

Thanks,
Ananda

Hi Ananda,

What do you mean with "multicore property"? Do you want to know the number of available physical cores andlogical cores?
Do you want to check whether Hyper-Threading is enabled through C++?

You can use CPUID info to check Hyper-Threading, the number of available physical and logical cores, and more information about the CPU. However, I don't know about a "multicore property".

If you have more than 1 physical core, you have a multicore CPU.

Cheers,

Gaston

Gastón C. Hillar
Аватар пользователя gaston-hillar
Quoting - anandakumaryg Hi,

Thanks,
Ananda

Hi Ananda,

This post http://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/hyper-threading-technology-multi-core-and-mobile-intel-pentium-processor-m-toolbox/

can help you. It uses C++ and a library to detect logical and physical cores.

It doesn't work with the newest microprocessors. However, today Khang Nguyen (Intel) added a comment telling me there is going to be a new version soon. :)

Hope it helps.

Cheers,

Gastn

Gastón C. Hillar
Аватар пользователя anandakumaryg
Quoting - Gastn C. Hillar

Hi Ananda,

This post http://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/hyper-threading-technology-multi-core-and-mobile-intel-pentium-processor-m-toolbox/

can help you. It uses C++ and a library to detect logical and physical cores.

It doesn't work with the newest microprocessors. However, today Khang Nguyen (Intel) added a comment telling me there is going to be a new version soon. :)

Hope it helps.

Cheers,

Gastn

Hi Gaston,

Thanks for the reply.

Whether the above mentioned code will work for Intel Xeon processor ? When I ran the HTMCSample.exe. Its not returing correct number of physical processor and number of cores per processor. In my Pc I am having 4 cores and 2 physical processor.

Thanks,
Ananda

Please tell us the models of your CPUs.

If they are Nehalem based, old detection methods might give wrong results. Unfortunately, last time I checked Intel's documentation wasn't updated to include the proper detection for number of cores on Nehalem CPUs.

Hi there Gaston! How's it going? :)

-- Regards, Igor Levicki If you find my post helpfull, please rate it and/or select it as a best answer where applies. Thank you.

Зарегистрируйтесь, чтобы оставить комментарий.