Suggestion: possibility to update product within the validation queue

Suggestion: possibility to update product within the validation queue

Аватар пользователя Andreas Breitschopp
Hello, just as me when preparing some products for validation and submitting them one after the other, it happens that you see that you have forgotten something and need to submit the file of a product again. Or e. g. yesterday I received the update of the .NET wrapper to SDK version 1.0 and I would have updated my products in the validation queue to use this new version. I know that this is not necessary, but it still could be useful and it would be no problem from my side. But I can't do it, because there is no way to reupload the file. I also saw that some other developers asked in this forum already how to update a product within the validation queue. As far as I understand it is not the validation itself that takes about a week at the moment, but it takes a week till the product gets validated. Therefore it should not be a problem if the developer would have the possibility to update the product (and especially reupload the binary again) while the product is still in the validation queue. I would really appreciate such a possibility. Best regards Andreas
9 сообщений / 0 новое
Последнее сообщение
Пожалуйста, обратитесь к странице Уведомление об оптимизации для более подробной информации относительно производительности и оптимизации в программных продуктах компании Intel.

Hello Andreas,

Thank you for your input. I will forward this as a feature request to the development team.

Regards
Hal G.
Technical Support Team
Intel AppUp(SM) Developer Program
Intel AppUp(SM) Center

Andreas,

That is a great idea. If you find yourself in that situation currently, you may want to submit a ticket to support asking them for assistance in stopping the validation (releasing the submission).

Hello Hal,

thank you very much, it would be great if this could be implemented.

Best regards
Andreas

Hello Brian,

yes, I do know that this is possible and I indeed had to do that one time.

But I will do that only if that is really necessary, because it is very frustrating if your product is in the validation queue for several days already and then you have start from the beginning again - although the validation itself didn't started yet and you just need to exchange the binary file...

Best regards
Andreas

Andreas,

i fully sympathise with that situation.

If you are in the position where you cannot wait, an alternative is to create a new submission (don't forget to update the GUID in your build). While not graceful, it may shave days off of your time. just do not forget to contact support to cancel the old submission in this case.

Hello Brian,

but in this case I have to use a different name for the product, because I can't use the same name twice, can I?

Best regards
Andreas

That is correct, the name would have to change slightly. Not an elegant solution, but in some cases this would suffice.

Hello Brian,

then I just hope that Intel will improve the validation process in the way I suggested.

Best regards and thanks again for your support
Andreas

Зарегистрируйтесь, чтобы оставить комментарий.