13.0 compiler bug/RTE: data entities finalized when they shouldn't be

13.0 compiler bug/RTE: data entities finalized when they shouldn't be

The 13.0 compiler is finalizing the result of a function reference which returns a pointer to a finalizable data type.  This is incorrect -- a pointer is not a finalizable data entity (see 1.3.76 and 4.5.6.2 item 1; the target of the pointer is finalizable, but it is only finalized when the pointer is explicitly deallocated.)  I've attached a short example that illustrates the error.  This is a really nasty bug that renders finalization mostly unusable, at least in my use cases.

-Neil

ВложениеРазмер
Скачать intel-bug-20121007b.f901.21 КБ
4 posts / 0 новое
Последнее сообщение
Пожалуйста, обратитесь к странице Уведомление об оптимизации для более подробной информации относительно производительности и оптимизации в программных продуктах компании Intel.
Аватар пользователя Annalee (Intel)

Thank you for reporting this issue. I have escalated it to the developers. The issue number is DPD200237182. I post any updates I receive to this thread.

Regards,
Annalee
Intel Developer Support

Hello Neil,

A fix has been found for this issue. We are planning to include it in the next update which is currently scheduled for late January.

Regards,
Annalee

Hello Neil,

This is issue has been fixed in Intel® Fortran Composer XE for Linux* 2013 Update 3 which is now available at the Intel® Registration Center.

Annalee

Зарегистрируйтесь, чтобы оставить комментарий.