$1 Million Intel Perceptual Computing Challenge.

$1 Million Intel Perceptual Computing Challenge.

I'm trying to figure out all the details for the challenge and what the prizes are. the FAQ states:

Q: What are the prizes for the Challenge?
A: We plan to announce up to $1M in awards and promotions – more details will be provided when contest goes live in Q4 ‘12

in the official rules it states (https://perceptualchallenge.intel.com/perceptual/static//docs/perceptual...): 

PRIZES: UP TO FOUR (4) GRAND PRIZES: $20,000 USD.
UP TO SIXTEEN (16) FIRST PRIZES: $5,000 USD.
UP TO TWENTY-FIVE (25) SECOND PRIZES: $1,000 USD

Seems as though this contest is a $185k contest and not a $1M contest.

Is there something i'm missing here?

6 сообщений / 0 новое
Последнее сообщение
Пожалуйста, обратитесь к странице Уведомление об оптимизации для более подробной информации относительно производительности и оптимизации в программных продуктах компании Intel.
Аватар пользователя Bob Duffy (Intel)

Regarding the million dollars in prizes and promotions, you may want to check out the recent Intel ChipShot announcement, http://newsroom.intel.com/community/intel_newsroom/blog/2012/12/19/chip-..., which explains the various phases of our broader contest efforts running through 2013. The current contest is one phase of a broader effort. Sorry for any confusion.

Ahh.. That makes more sense. One more question...

Do you have to participate in the phase 1 contest in order to be able to qualify for phase 2? Or are they both open to new submissions?

This is very exciting...and the future wave of human/computer interaction...I personally cannot wait to ontain the camera...download the software and begin experimenting...prizes or no prizes.

s.mcknight
Аватар пользователя joel-de-guzman (Intel)

Developers can participate in either Phase 1 or Phase 2 of the contest. Or both. So it's wide open for those who are interested in working with this new technology.

Аватар пользователя Craig Hurst (Intel)

I am eager to see the innovation from the developer ecosystem. We've heard a ton of great ideas, and I am even more optimistic about the developments and user experiences to come!

- Craig

Зарегистрируйтесь, чтобы оставить комментарий.