Network or device configuration issues can prevent the device from connecting to the server. Before investigating issues on a specific device, ensure that port 443 is open on the firewall on the network to which the device connects. The agent sends non-SSL traffic over port 443 (for example, MQTT), so deep packet inspection will cause problems. Proxies are supported in release 2.3 of the agent or later.
- For connectivity issues, you can also check the status of Wind River Helix* Device Cloud services at: https://status.helixdevicecloud.com.
- To diagnose issues on a device, you need physical or network access to the device other than through Device Cloud.
- To diagnose issues with software updates, you need information about the package contents and the operating system to which the update applies.
See the following sections in the Wind River Helix Troubleshooting Guide for troubleshooting information:
- Troubleshooting on Wind River Linux and IDP XT
- Troubleshooting on Ubuntu
- Diagnosing Remote Login Failures