Training for Intel® VTune™ Amplifier XE
- Videos: basic instructions on how to use Intel® VTune™ Amplifier.
- Guides: an overview of the product key features and basic workflow steps.
- Tutorials: quick paths to start using the Intel VTune Amplifier. Each demonstrates an end-to-end workflow you can ultimately apply to your own applications.
- Videos: advanced videos demonstrate the product in use by an expert.
Free in-depth webinars of Intel VTune Amplifier capabilities, view archived webinars.
- Finding Application Hotspots on a Linux* System with Intel VTune Amplifier XE: This video demonstrates how to use the tool to find basic hotspots in a ray tracing application called Tachyon. Also demonstrates how to invoke the tool, how to set up the environment so that the shell knows how to find it, how to locate the samples provided, how to build the tachyon project and how to use Intel VTune Amplifier XE to find hotspots and compare different runs of the application.
- Start with Hotspots: This short, 5 minute video walks you through the various displays of Intel VTune Amplifier: Summary, Bottom-up, timeline, and source. Also covered is how to configure a basic hotspots collection, how to find the help, and using the pre-installed samples.
- Secrets of the Intel VTune Amplifier Interface: Learn how to arrange the Intel VTune Amplifier interface to increase your productivity.
- Profile a Running Process: How to profile a process that has already started. This is handy when it’s not convenient to restart the target application for performance analysis
- Profile System Wide: Profile the whole system instead of just one process. This is handy when you need to profile a driver or multiple processes, or when it is not convenient to restart an application for performance analysis.
Intel® VTune™ Amplifier offers several tools you can use as you learn, including:
VTune Amplifier XE provides several tutorials that use sample code to explain how to:
- Identify where your application is spending time, detect the most time-consuming program units and how they were called.
- Identify locks and waits preventing parallelization.
- Identify hardware-related issues in your application such as data sharing, cache misses, branch misprediction, and others.
VTune Amplifier for Systems provides tutorials that provide hands-on instructions how to:
- Configure and run the Advanced Hotspots analysis on a remote embedded Linux system and view the collected data on the Linux* or Windows* host.
- Configure and run the Basic Hotspots analysis on a remote Android* system and view the collected data on the Linux or Windows host.
Intel® Parallel Studio XE suite
- Processor Tuning Guides
- Cache Miss Rates in Intel® VTune™ Amplifier XE
- Profiling OpenMP* applications with Intel® VTune™ Amplifier XE
- Speeding Up C# Code with Help from VTune™ Amplifier XE Performance Profiler
- How to Download and Evaluate the VTune™ Amplifier OS X* Viewer
- Understanding How General Exploration Works in Intel® VTune™ Amplifier XE
- Using Intel® VTune™ Amplifier XE to Tune Software on the 4th Generation Intel® Core™ Processor Family
Intel® System Studio suite