- Videos: Basic instructions on how to use Intel® VTune™ Amplifier
- Guides: Overviews of key features and basic workflow steps
- Tutorials: quick paths to start using the Intel VTune Amplifier. Each demonstrates an end-to-end workflow you can ultimately apply to your own applications.
Free in-depth webinars of Intel VTune Amplifier capabilities that include archived webinars.
- Use Intel® Advisor and Intel VTune Amplifier with Message Passing Interface (MPI)
- Performance Analysis Cookbook
- Find Your Memory Access Performance Bottlenecks
- Processor Tuning Guides
- Cache Miss Rates in Intel VTune Amplifier XE
- How to Perform a System-Wide Analysis
- How to Use the Disk I/O Analysis
- Create a Project: This short introductory video explains how to set up a new Intel VTune Amplifier project.
- Hotspots Analysis: This short video explains the basics of interpreting the analysis.
- General Exploration: This video explains the key metrics and the basic use for this analysis.
- Find Application Hotspots on a Linux* System: This video demonstrates how to use the tool to find basic hotspots in a ray tracing application called Tachyon. Learn how to invoke the tool, how to set up the environment so that the shell knows how to find it, how to locate the samples provided, how to build the tachyon project, and how to use Intel VTune Amplifier XE to find hotspots and compare different runs of the application.
- Interface Secrets: Learn how to increase your productivity by arranging the interface.
Use these tools to learn the application:
The tutorials use sample code to explain how to:
- Identify where your application is spending time, detect the most time-consuming program units, and how they were called.
- Identify locks and waits that prevent parallelization.
- Identify hardware-related issues in your application such as data sharing, cache misses, branch misprediction, and others.
- Configure and run the Advanced Hotspots analysis on a remote embedded Linux system, and view the collected data on the Linux* or Windows* host.
- Analyze OpenMP* and MPI Applications on Linux, using the Application Performance Snapshot tool, the Intel® Trace Analyzer and Collector, Intel VTune Amplifier's high-performance computing (HPC) Characterization Analysis, and more.
Use Intel Advisor and Intel VTune Amplifier with Message Passing Interface (MPI)
Performance Analysis Cookbook
Processor Tuning Guides
Cache the Miss Rates
Profile OpenMP* Applications
Speed Up C# Code with Help from the Performance Profiler
How to Download and Evaluate the OS X* Viewer
How General Exploration Works
Perform a System-Wide Analysis Using Intel VTune Amplifier for Systems
Use Intel VTune Amplifier to Optimize Media and Video Applications