A Comprehensive API for Video Processing
Develop awe-inspiring video applications with state-of-the-art libraries, tools, and samples. They're all accessible via a single API that enables hardware acceleration for fast video transcoding, image processing, and media workflows.
- Accelerate rich media performance. Speed up video playback, encoding, processing, and media formatting conversion.
- Achieve real-time 4K video communication at 60 FPS HEVC decode and encode. Some Intel® Xeon® and Intel® Core™ processors can get up to 18 AVC full HD at 30 FPS during transcoding sessions.1
- Cut product time to market. Prototype, optimize, and productize your media pipelines with a comprehensive, convenient API.
- Speed up transition to new codecs. Use efficient codecs with hardware acceleration to increase speed, compression, and quality across AVC, HEVC, and MPEG-2.
- Debug and customize your products quickly. Find and solve application bugs, port applications to new operating systems, and add new features using source code for open source Linux*.
- Deliver fast, high-quality, real-time video transcoding in:
- Over-the-top (OTT) delivery
- Live video and video-on-demand (VOD)
- Cloud gaming and remote desktop solutions
- Access hardware-accelerated video codecs and programmable graphics on the latest Intel® processors.
Note Intel® Media Server Studio is no longer available but you can access its features in other products:
Intel® Media SDK (for media functionality, only)
1. For more information, see performance benchmarks.
Who Needs the Intel® Media SDK?
Developers Who Want to Quickly Process Video Files
Video is the largest and fastest-growing category of internet traffic, forecasted to be 82 percent by 2022.2 Developers who need fast video encoding, decoding, processing, media format conversion, and image processing use this SDK for:
- Desktop or mobile video players and editors
- Video conferencing or streaming applications
- Smart camera and network video recorder software
- Content capture and distribution for digital surveillance, industrial, retail, healthcare, and more
- In-vehicle infotainment and instrument cluster firmware
2. For more information, see Cisco* Mobile Visual Networking Index (VNI) Forecast (2017-2022).
Customer Success Stories