Steps for configuring Microsoft Visual C/C++* development system for linking with Intel® Math Kernel Library (Intel® MKL) depend on whether you installed the C++ Integration(s) in Microsoft Visual Studio* component of the Intel® Parallel Studio XE Composer Edition:
- If you installed the integration component, see Automatically Linking Your Microsoft Visual C/C++* Project with Intel® MKL.
- If you did not install the integration component or need more control over Intel MKL libraries to link, you can configure the Microsoft Visual C++* development system by performing the following steps. Though some versions of the Visual C++* development system may vary slightly in the menu items mentioned below, the fundamental configuring steps are applicable to all these versions.
In Solution Explorer, right-click your project and click Properties
Select Configuration Properties > VC++ Directories
Select Include Directories. Add the directory for the Intel MKL include files, that is, <mkl directory>\include
Select Library Directories. Add architecture-specific directories for Intel MKL and OpenMP* libraries,
for example: <mkl directory>\lib\ia32_win and <parent directory>\compiler\lib\ia32_win
Select Executable Directories. Add architecture-specific directories with dynamic-link libraries:
- For OpenMP* support, for example: <parent directory>\redist\ia32_win\compiler
- For Intel MKL (only if you link dynamically), for example: <parent directory>\redist\ia32_win\mkl
- Select Configuration Properties > Custom Build Setup > Additional Dependencies. Add the libraries required, for example, mkl_intel_c.lib mkl_intel_thread.lib mkl_core.lib libiomp5md.lib