The Intel® System Studio is a new integrated software development tools solution for Intel® architecture based Intelligent Systems and Embedded Devices.
The Intel® System Studio 2013 for Linux* consists of multiple components for developing, debugging, tuning and deploying system and application code targeted towards embedded designs.
The tool suite covers a variety of different use cases targeting development for embedded intelligent system platforms ranging from Intel® Atom™ Processor based low-power embedded platforms to 2nd and 3rd generation Intel® Core™ microarchitecture based designs for high throughput data processing and signal processing.
If you are a user of the Intel® Embedded Software Development Tool Suite for Intel® Atom™ Processor product, this new Intel® System Studio adds support for Intel® Core™ microarchitecture based designs designs, the latest generations of Intel® procesors, Yocto Project* and Wind River Linux* 5 targets. In addition you find a whole range of improvements and additional adaptations for embedded use cases in all toosl components. Please see this article for details on the feature and acpability comparison.
Please visit the Intel® Software Evaluation Center to evaluate this product.
- Intel® System Studio (Linux* host)
- File: l_cembd_p_2013.0.0016.tgz - A file containing the complete product installation for Linux* host and Linux* target (32-bit/x86-64bit development).
- File: online-installer.sh - A light-weight online installer shell script of the complete product installation for lower initial download size.
- File: l_cembd_p_2013,0_RN.tgz - A file containing the release notes for all Linux* hosted Intel® System Studio product components.
- File: get-ipp-crypto-library.htm - A file describing how to request access to the Intel® Integrated Performance Primitives Library Cryptography Add-on.
- Intel® System Studio (Windows* host) - Intel® JTAG Debugger only
- File: w_cembd_p_2013.0.0013.exe - A file containing the Intel® JTAG Debugger installation for Windows* host.
- File: w_cembd_online_p_2013.0.0013.exe - A file containing a light-weight online installer of the the Intel® JTAG Debugger installation for Windows* host for lower initial download size.
- File: w_cembd_p_2013,0_RN.zip - A file containing the release notes, use case notes and quickstart guide for the Windows* hosted Intel® JTAG Debugger included with the Intel® System Studio product.
New Intel® System Studio Features and Components:
- Intel® C++ Compiler Integration into Eclipse* 3.7, Eclipse* CDT 8.0 (Indigo)
- Cross-build environment file edit from within Eclipse* IDE and set of Intel® System Studio specifc Eclipse* Cheat Sheets
- Cross-build support for Yocto Project* 1.x, Wind River* Linux* 5 and CE Linux* PR28
- Parallel C/C++ language extension support
- Intel® Cilk™ Plus support
- Auto-vectorization taking advantage of Intel® AVX for Intel® Core™ i7 and Intel® SSSE3 for Intel® Atom™ Processor targeted applications
- Compatibility with existing GNU* Compiler generated code base
- Support for –m32 and -m64 compiler options
Intel® Math Kernel Library
- highly optimized functions for highly compute intensive signal processing and data processing applications on the Intel® Core™ Processor Family
Intel® Integrated Performance Primitives for Signal and Media Processing
- Rich set of function primitives and examples for media processing and signal processing targeting both Intel® Atom™ Processors and Intel® Core™ Processor Family based embedded platforms.
Intel® VTune™ Amplifier 2013 for Systems
- Identify performance bottlenecks, suboptimal hardware resource utilization and inefficient core-utilization on mutli-core platforms.
Intel® Sampling Collector for Intel® VTune™ Amplifier 2013 for Systems
- Event-based sampling support for latest generation Intel® Atom™ Processors
- Support for Linux* kernel versions 2.6.9 through 3.3.x.
- Support for Yocto Project* 1.x, as well as CE Linux* PR28 releases for Intel® Atom™ Processor CE4xxx and CE5xxx.
Remote Intel® VTune Amplifier Collector for Systems
- Remote event-based sampling support including
- Performance Tuning and Hotspot Analysis
- Calltrace Dependency Analysis
- Power and Frequency Analysis on Intel® Core™ Processor Family
Intel® Inspector 2013 for Systems
- Memory Checking and Threading Analysis supporting Yocto Project* 1.x and Wind River* Linux* 5 targets as well as CE Linux* PR28 on the Intel® Atom™ Processor CE42xx and CE53xx.
- dentify deadlocks and data races as well as memory leaks with Intel® Inspector
- Use command-line interface on target device or full Intel® Inspector GUI.
GDB - The GNU* Project Debugger
- Data Race Detection (pdbx) for applications threaded using POSIX* Pthreads
- Last Branch Record Instruction Trace (btrace) on Intel® Atom™ processors
- Remote Debug & Virtualization Support
- GDB remote debug integration into Eclipse* CDT
Intel® JTAG Debugger
- Instruction Trace Window
- Extensible Firmware Interface (EFI) Support
- Debug bootloader, OS kernel and dynamically loaded device drivers via Intel® ITP-XDP3 or Macraigor* usb2Demon*
- Detailed page translation table and descriptor table views
- Bitfield Editor views
- Integrated Flashing Utility
Software Visible Event Nexus (SVEN)
- Low overhead code instrumentation framework for whole platform data event tracing
- Data Event Trace Viewer
- Software Development Kit (SDK)
- Csven console