General Matrix Multiply (GEMM) sample demonstrates how to efficiently utilize an OpenCL™ device to perform general matrix multiply operation on two dense square matrices. The primary target devices that are suitable for this sample are the devices with cache memory: Intel® Xeon Phi™ and Intel® Architecture CPU devices.
- Optimizes trivial matrix multiplication nested loop to utilize the memory cache more efficiently
- Supports single-precision and double-precision data types
- Demonstrates how to use different storage methods for matrices
- Demonstrates how to utilize the automatic vectorizer efficiently and avoid gathers
Supported Devices: CPU, Intel® Xeon Phi™ coprocessor
Supported OS: Windows* and Linux* OS
Complexity Level: Intermediate
For more information about the sample refer to the sample documentation inside the package.
ZIP sample package contains sample files for Windows* OS
TAR.GZ sample package contains sample files for Linux* OS.
* OpenCL and the OpenCL logo are trademarks of Apple Inc. used by permission by Khronos.