Intel® Threading Building Blocks (Intel® TBB) is a widely used C++ library for shared memory parallel programming and heterogeneous computing (intra-node distributed memory programming). The library provides a wide range of features for parallel programming that include:
- Generic parallel algorithms
- Concurrent containers
- A scalable memory allocator
- Work-stealing task scheduler
- Low-level synchronization primitives
Use this library-only solution for task-based parallelism. It does not require any special compiler support and has ports to multiple architectures that include Intel® architectures and Arm*.
Get the Product
Threading Building Blocks (TBB) is available as a part of the following tool suites. You can also separately download the free library and open source version under an Apache* 2.0 license. A purchased license includes Priority Support.
- Extended task_arena interface to simplify development of NUMA-aware applications that specifically enable composable, scalable performance within.
- Continued support for resumable tasks that allow the user to suspend task execution at a specific point and resume it later, which reduces code complexity when integrating I/O threads in compute-intensive applications.
- Implemented the preview feature.
Specs at a Glance
|Processors||Optimized for all compatible Intel® processors including Intel Atom®, Intel® Core™, Intel® Xeon®, and Intel® Xeon Phi™ processors.|
|Portability and Compatibility||