Customers with paid licenses can access Priority Support for one year and is renewable for confidential, secure access to Intel engineers. New software purchases include free software updates. Software renewal extends updates and support at a discounted rate.
- Does Intel charge runtime fees or royalties for its libraries?
- There are no runtime fees or royalties.
- Is there a difference in the code base between the commercial and the community version?
Currently there are no product differences between the commercial and open source version. We maintain one source base and build both versions from the same source base.
Intel® Threading Building Blocks is offered commercially for Windows*, Linux*, or macOS* customers who want additional support or who relicense under the open source GNU General Public License v2.0 with the runtime exception license.
For commercial products, we offer support through the Online Service Center.
For all other questions, visit the forum.
- Are there analysis tools that understand the semantics of Intel® Threading Building Blocks (Intel® TBB)?
- Yes. Applications threaded with Intel TBB can be analyzed with Intel® VTune™ Amplifier and Intel® Inspector. Intel® Advisor, available in any Intel® Parallel Studio XE product, can help find regions where performance can benefit the most from parallelism.