Frequently Asked Questions.
AppUp General Questions
1. When did the Intel AppUp® center close?
AppUp® Center closed on March 11th, 2014. No new content or apps are available for download.
2. Why did AppUp® close?
By closing Intel AppUp® center, Intel will be able to focus more than ever on developing the next generation of PC innovation.
Store & Content Questions
1. Do I need to keep my AppUp Center client installed?
Yes, even though the client will no longer be used to download and launch apps, it is critical you keep it installed to ensure that all your apps continue to work.
2. Can I still use my apps after AppUp is closed?
Yes, most applications should work as normal. However, they must be launched directly from a desktop icon or through the Program menu rather than through the storefront. Please note that some applications do require communication with the AppUp client and may not work after May 15th, 2015. For a list of these impacted applications, click here. If you have one of these applications please seek an alternative if you need one, and see below on how to claim a refund.If your app requires a product key/serial number please make sure to save a copy as we can’t resend it now the store has closed. If you are unable to use your application see below on how to claim a refund.
3. Can I get a refund for my paid app purchase(s)?
Yes. Intel is offering a refund for applications that users have paid for. Refunds will be granted for the actual transaction price. The refund process will be available for a limited time: January 28th, 2014 through December 19th, 2014. Click here to apply.
4. Will I be able to update apps after AppUp® is closed?
Previously downloaded apps will no longer receive updates or notifications via AppUp®. Users may reach out to app developers or publishers for more information on receiving future updates.
5. I’m experiencing a problem with the AppUp client. What should I do?
The client is no longer used as a storefront, but it is critical to ensure that all your apps continue to work. If you are unable to launch your applications we have implemented a refund policy–see above.
6. I’m experiencing a problem with an application. What should I do?
Due to the closure of the AppUp Center it is not possible to resolve individual application issues. Therefore, we have implemented a refund policy–see above. For free applications, please contact the developer directly.
7. I updated to the latest client version but inadvertently uninstalled it, what should I do?
At this time it is not possible to reinstall the AppUp client. If you are unable to launch your applications we have implemented a refund policy–see above.
8. The “My Apps” section of the AppUp client is no longer visible. How do I open my apps?
The “My Apps” client interface no longer exists after March 11th 2014. Therefore, the applications must be launched directly from a desktop icon or Program Files menu.
9. Is Intel recommending an alternative PC app store that I should begin using?
No. Intel is not recommending an alternative store.
Personal Information Questions
1. What will happen to my personal information that you have on file?
All personal information supplied by you will be purged with the following exceptions; (i) purchase information for the applications you downloaded will be kept for one year after store closure to support financial calculations and any customer service enquiries and (ii) all orders and invoices will be archived for financial accounting and audit purposes.
2. Will Intel use my marketing contact preferences for other communications?
3. Will my saved game details (levels, high scores, etc.) be available if I install the application from another source?
This may vary on an application by application basis. For application-specific questions such as this, please contact your application developer.