Beginning in Release 12.0, it is possible to globally disable Intel AMT. When Intel AMT is disabled:
• All Intel AMT out-of-band network interfaces are disabled;
• The local interface to the Local Manageability Service (LMS) is closed;
• The Manageability Feature State option in BIOS cannot be enabled;
• Intel AMT cannot be provisioned;
• Intel AMT cannot be reenabled remotely; it must be enabled locally through the MEBX menu.
Intel AMT can be disabled using one of the following methods:
• Through the MEBX menu: Make sure that Manageability Feature State is disabled, then open the MEBX menu and change the Intel ® AMT option to Disabled. This option can only be reenabled after a reboot.
• Through an MEI command invoked by OS software: Invoke the CFG_DisableAMT MEI command.
Copyright © 2006-2022, Intel Corporation. All rights reserved.