The User Consent Tool is an application that demonstrates how an IT technician can connect to a remote Intel AMT system that is defined to require user consent.
The User Consent Tool exe (UCT.exe) is located in the SDK kit in UserConsentTool_Module_<version>.zip in the \Bin directory.
The User Consent Tool code is located in the Src directory.
When the tool
executes, it creates a connection history file at
%localappdata%\Intel_Corporation. The UCT uses this information to reconnect to platforms it has connected to in the past.
Required user privileges
The user running the User Consent Tool must be defined in the Access Control List (ACL) of the remote Intel AMT device:
• A user with the ADMINISTRATION_REALM privilege can use all the User Consent Tool options.
• A user with the REMOTE_CONTROL_REALM and the GENERAL_INFO_REALM privileges can use all of the options except for changing the monitor settings.
• A user with the SOLIDER_REALM and the GENERAL_INFO_REALM privileges can use all of the options except for changing the monitor settings or the boot options.
Using the help file on a network drive
The User Consent Tool includes a help file (in chm format). To open the help file when the tool is located on a network drive:
1. Run the 'regedit' command from the command line.
2. Locate the following subkey: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\HTMLHelp\1.x\ItssRestrictions
(If this registry subkey does not exist, then create it.)
3. Right-click ItssRestrictions and select New > DWORD Value.
4. Type MaxAllowedZone, and then press <ENTER>.
5. Right-click MaxAllowedZone and select Modify.
6. In the Value data box, type 3 (which means Internet Zone), and then click OK.
Copyright © 2006-2022, Intel Corporation. All rights reserved.