The user performing the installation must have administrator privileges on the platform. Otherwise, when a user attempts to start an installation, the installer displays the following message: “This installation requires administrator privilege.”
1. To start the SHV installation, double-click setup.exe.
2. If Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 is not installed on the platform, the installer displays a message requesting that the product be installed. The installer will perform the .NET Framework installation if the user requests it.
3. If the platform is not running
Server 2008, the installer displays the following message:
Intel® AMT NAP SHV requires that you computer is running Windows Server 2008.
4. If the Microsoft NPS is not
installed, the SHV installer displays the following message:
Your system does not meet minimum requirements. Service “Network Policy Server” is not installed. Setup will now exit.
5. If the NPS service is installed
but not running the installer displays the following message:
Your system does not meet minimum requirements. Service “Network Policy Server” is not running. Setup will now exit.
6. When the installer detects all of the initial conditions are present, it displays a Welcome Screen. Click Next.
7. The installer displays a License Agreement. Read the agreement, Select I accept the terms of the license agreement and click Next.
8. The installer displays the Setup Type screen. If the user selects Complete and clicks Next, the installation proceeds with step 11.
9. If the user selects Custom and clicks Next, the installer displays a Choose Destination Location screen. Accept the default or change the destination and click Next.
10. The installer displays the Select Features screen.
The NAP SHV selection is required. The SCS Cert. Store Plug-in is optional.
If the SHV will be used to validate the SoH signature, then the plug-in provides a means to retrieve the certificate information required to interpret the signature. Given certain fields in the SoH, the plug-in requests the certificate from the Intel® Setup and Configuration Software (Intel SCS). If this capability is required, select SCS Cert. Store Plug-in.
Copyright © 2006-2022, Intel Corporation. All rights reserved.