The header in each request message includes a PTHI_VERSION structure that identifies the Host Interface version that the sender expects to find in the Intel AMT device. As shown below, this structure is composed of a major version number and a minor version number.
typedef struct _PTHI_VERSION
The MajorNumber for this revision of the Intel AMT Host Interface Specification is 1.
The MinorNumber for this revision of the Intel AMT Host Interface Specification is 1.
The following rules apply to the PTHI version numbers:
• The Intel AMT device must support at least one major version. It may support multiple major versions.
• The Intel AMT device must support all versions between its minimum supported version and its maximum supported version.
• The minor number in the minimum version that the Intel AMT device supports must be 0.
• If the Intel AMT device supports the requested version, then it must process the request, and it must send its response message using the same version.
• If the Intel AMT device does not support the requested version, then it must not perform the requested operation, and it must send the response message with the appropriate failure status code and the supported version that is closest to the requested version.
Copyright © 2006-2022, Intel Corporation. All rights reserved.