A registered application can remove itself from the NVM. This operation removes only the given instance of the application (enterprise/vendor/application/UUID tuple).
1. Register the application, as described in the Storage: Register Application, Perform Task, Unregister Application flow. You should have the session handle available.
2. As part of the “Perform Task” step, invoke AMT_ThirdPartyDataStorage.RemoveApplication with the session handle as an input parameter. As a result of this operation:
• The application and any blocks it owns are removed.
• The application is not removed from the FPACL list if it is a partner application.
• The application is removed from all permissions groups associated with storage blocks that are owned by other applications.
• The session handle is invalidated and should not be used in subsequent storage operations.
Click here for a snippet demonstrating this step
You can execute this snippet by inserting it into the execution template found here.
$thirdPartyDataStorageServiceRef =$wsmanConnectionObject.NewReference("SELECT * FROM AMT_ThirdPartyDataStorageService WHERE Name='Intel(r) AMT Third Party Data Storage Service'")
# $sessionHandle is the session handle returned by 'RegisterApplication' method.
3. There is no need to unregister the application, since the session handle immediately becomes invalid once the application is removed.
Classes Used in This Flow
If there is a sample demonstrating this flow, it is included in the SDK installation file. See SDK Installation Layout for details.
Copyright © 2006-2022, Intel Corporation. All rights reserved.