Setting up Tracing Options
To modify tracing options of a certain profile, follow the instructions below:
In the Analyze Application dialog box click Manage Profiles... or click the Intel® GPA Monitor icon in the taskbar notification area and select Profiles....
In the Profiles window select the profile you want to modify.
(if you want to use the old version of Intel GPA Platform Analyzer)Make sure that the tracing option is enabled. Refer to Enabling Tracing in Your Application for details.
Go to the Tracing tab and configure tracing settings:
- Trace Duration (sec): set the application run duration to store in a trace capture file
The following settings are not available in the new Intel GPA Platform Analyzer. The settings are enabled if you use the old version of the Intel GPA Platform Analyzer.
- DirectX Data: set the Microsoft DirectX* data level as:
- Off - to collect GPU and CPU frames and device present Microsoft DirectX* API calls
- Standard - to collect data of the "Off" level and Microsoft DirectX* API calls corresponding to ergs, such as draw calls or clear calls.
- Detailed - to collect data of the "Standard" level and the remaining Microsoft DirectX* API calls
- Media Performance Data: set to True to enable creating a trace capture file with media performance data for further analysis with the Intel® GPA Platform Analyzer
- Hardware Context Data: set the level of hardware context data tracing:
- True - to collect thread context switch events that enable you to see when threads of your application were executed and when they were stalled, and how efficient your application utilizes CPU cores
- False - to disable collecting thread context switch events
- Internal Data: set the level of internal data tracing
- True - to enable tracing of operations in order to understand how tracing impacts the overall application performance, for example, workloads of Intel GPA trace service thread
- False - to disable internal tracing
- Capture Application Startup:
- True - to enable capturing at the beginning of the file
- False - to disable capturing at the beginning of the file
This option is available only on Microsoft Windows 7* OS and Microsoft
Windows 8* OS for desktop applications.
Enabling Tracing in Your Application
Setting up a Trigger
Selecting Domains to be Traced
Customizing the Keyboard Shortcut Assignments
Configuring Metrics to be Collected
Configuring HUD Display Options
Dialog Box: Analyze Application
Dialog Box: Profiles