New in Intel(R) C++ Composer XE 2016 Integration in Microsoft* Visual Studio*
For Windows target
- Visual Studio 2010* support is deprecated
- Vusal Studio 2015* support is added
- Intel(R) Data Anylytics Acceleration Library (Intel DAAL) support is added under "Intel Performance Libraries" property page
- Some important new or updated properties under "Code Generation[Intel C++]":
- "Target Device for OpenMP Offloading Compilation": /Qopenmp-offload:[mic|gfx|host]
- "Enable OpenMP Offloading Compilation and specify target device" under "Code Generation[Intel C++]"
- "Offload Target Architecture" options: /Qoffload-arch:[mic|mic-avx512|ivybridge:visa3.0|hasswell:visa3.0....]
New in Intel(R) C++ Composer XE 2015 Integration in Microsoft* Visual Studio*
- Visual Studio 2008* is no longer supported
- "Intel C++ 15.0" is displayed besides project name when the project is set to "use Intel C++"
- To support the new optimization reports the following features are implemented in IDE integration:
- New page "Optimization Reports" page is added to the Options Dialog under Intel(R) Parallel Studio XE
- A new window "Compiler Optimization Report" is added to menu "View > Other Windows"
- A new window "Compiler Inline Report window" is added to menu "View > Other Windows"
- Optimization annotations are integrated within the source editor
New in Intel(R) C++ Composer XE 2013 SP1 Integration in Microsoft* Visual Studio*
- Important change:
- the default value of "Floating Point Model" property (/fp switch) is "empty" when switching a project to use Intel C++ within Visual Studio 2010 or 2012. Because "/fp:fast" is the default for "Floating Point Model". This is a change. Previously this property value is set to "/fp:precise".
- Update 2 and newer: Microsoft Visual Studio 2013* is supported
- New processor targeting options are added under "Code Generation [Intel]" for /QxCORE-AVX2, /QaxCORE-AVX2, /QaxCORE-AVX-I
- New project properties for Intel® Many Integrated Core Architecture
- under "C/C++ > Code Generation [Intel]":
- Offload Constructs
- Additional Options for MIC Offload Compiler
- under "Linder > General [Intel]"
- Additional Options for MIC Offload Linkerk
- under "C/C++ > Code Generation [Intel]":
- Many improvements in the "Peformance Guide":
- a new button for closing the "Performance Guide"
- a new button to perform all the steps
New in Intel(R) C++ Composer XE 2013 Integration in Microsoft* Visual Studio*
- Support Visual Studio 2012* (requires Professional edition or above for IDE integration)
- New feature "Performance Guide" under menu [Tools > Intel Composer XE 2013 > Start Performance Guide]
- this feature requires Intel VTune Amplifier XE
- it is available within Visual Studio 2008, 2010 and 2012
- New UI for PGO and Code Coverage
- New UI for Intel Static Analysis
- Support of separate Intel IPP threaded static library package
- Performance libraries and Intel compiler redist paths are passed to Intel C++ and VC++ projects
- Added two new macros: ICRedistPaths and VCRedistPaths
New in Intel C++ Compiler 12.0 or 12.1 Integration in Microsoft* Visual Studio*
- Support Visual Studio 2010* (requires Standard edition or above for IDE integration)
- Support msbuild when using with Visual Studio 2010*
- No similar toolbar like in Visual Studio 2010. Those functionalities are provided from "Project" menu or project "Context" menu
- Support "Guided Auto Parallelism" analysis on project, file, and code block levels
- Support one click Intel Static Analysis in update 6 and newer
New in Intel® C++ Compile 11.1 Integration in Microsoft* Visual Studio*
- Intel® Parallel Debugger Extension is added and a new toolbar
- Documentation is integrated into Visual Studio IDE
- .chm documentation is also available and accessible from Start menu
- New project properties for parallel lint options
- New project property for using Parallel Debugger Extension
- Intel C++ Compiler toolbar enhanced with a new icon to set include & link directories for Intel IPP & Intel TBB -
New in Intel® C++ Compile 11.0 Integration in Microsoft Visual Studio
- Support the native Intel® 64 compiler
- New project properties for Source Verifer feature under "C/C++->Diagnostics"
- New project properties for enabling different level of optimization diagnostics under "C/C++->Diagnostics"
- New Profile Guided Optimization menu under "Project"
- Support "continue on error" for compilation
- Added automation interfaces for manifest tool
New in Intel® C++ Compile 10.1 Integration in Microsoft Visual Studio
- Support Visual Studio 2008* from compiler update w_cc_p_10.1.020 or newer
- Improved support of the manifest feature
New in Intel® C++ Compiler 10.0 Integration in Microsoft Visual Studio
- Visual Studio .NET 2002* is not supported
- Support the Inherited Project Property Sheet feature of Visual Studio 2005*
- Support the Custom Build Rule feature of Visual Studio 2005
- Improved support for remote debugging of Visual Studio 2005
- Support the automation interfaces of the Intel C++ Project System
- Added a tool bar with three icons in Visual Studio .NET 2003 and Visual Studio 2005. The three icons are: Quick Start Help, Use Intel C++, Use Visual C++
- Support the Project Property Sheet feature
- The command line tool for project conversion is " ICProjConvert100.exe". It's installed under <common files>intel\\shared files\\ia32
See Software Requirements for Command Line or GUI Support of the Intel® C++ Compiler for Windows about supported Microsoft* Visual Studio editions.