Intel® Graphics Performance Analyzers (Intel® GPA) is a powerful, agile developer tool suite for analyzing and optimizing games, media, and other graphics-intensive applications. The product supports applications intended for the Windows* OS platforms or Intel® Atom™ based phones running the Android* OS. The toolset is a free download from the Intel GPA Home Page.
But starting to use a new tool is never easy, as there are lots of new terms and concepts to learn before you become proficient with the tool. And you've probably been using other tools or procedures that do things differently, which makes switching even more difficult. So the Intel® Graphics Performance Analyzers (Intel® GPA) product team is trying to make the learning process as easy as possible.
How Do I Know If Intel GPA is the Right Product?
First of all, start with the Intel GPA FAQ and the Intel GPA Product Brief. These two documents provide high-level information about the product -- you'll see what the product can do, and learn how some of the key game developers have adopted Intel GPA as part of their analysis and optimization process. So if you are not sure whether Intel GPA is useful, these can help you determine whether or not you should download the product.
How Do I Start Using the Product?
However, while the FAQ and the Product Brief are great for learning what Intel GPA can do, they do not show you how to start using the tools. For understanding key Intel GPA concepts and the major workflows, check out the Getting Started Guides for the product. Their especially useful when you have used other performance analysis tools, but just want to figure out how to use the Intel GPA product to do the same things. We have two versions available, one for analyzing games running on the Windows* platform, and one for users of Intel GPA for the Android* platform.
But Wait, There's More!
To find out more about the Intel® GPA tool suite, here's some more on-line resources that may be helpful:
- Intel GPA Home Page: The product's home site provides detailed information about the tool, including links to training and support resources, as well as videos on the product to help you get started quickly.
- Intel GPA On-line Help: A web-based version of the product documentation, providing details on the product tools and metrics for various platforms.
- Intel GPA Release Notes: Detailed product requirements, installation information, legal information, and version-specific technical issues and workarounds for the product.
- Intel GPA Support Forum: Browse to this page to ask questions or report issues about the product, or let us know what other features would help make the tools more useful for your work-flow. We want Intel GPA to be your tool for all your performance analysis and optimization tasks, so let us know what else we can do to help.
- Intel GPA Knowledge Base Articles: A list of useful technical articles, including tips & tricks and workarounds to help you get the most out of the product.