Please see below for details on the deprecated functionalities in Intel® Math Kernel Library (Intel® MKL).
Intel® MKL 2017
- Removed pre-compiled BLACS library for MPICH v1; MPICH users can still build the BLACS library with MPICH support via Intel MKL MPI wrappers.
- The SP2DP interface library is removed.
- The PGI* compiler on IA32 is no longer supported.
- Installation on IA-32 architecture hosts is no longer supported, and the Intel MKL packages for Intel® 64 architecture hosts include both 64-bit and 32-bit Intel IPP libraries.
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux* 5.0 support is dropped
Intel® MKL 11.3
The below mentioned features are being deprecated in Intel® MKL 11.3.
- Cluster Support for IA-32 in Intel MKL is deprecated.
- Fortran 77 headers are removed. Applications relying on these headers should be updated to include .fi headers instead
Intel® MKL 11.2
The mkl_p4p and mkl_vml_p4p libraries for IA-32 architecture and mkl_p4n and mkl_vml_p4n libraries for Intel® 64 architecture are no longer provided. These libraries contained optimizations specific to Intel® processors utilizing Intel® Streaming SIMD Extensions 3 (Intel® SSE3). Intel SSE3 based processors are still supported through other highly-optimized Intel MKL core libraries
Support for the following Operating Systems is deprecated and will be removed starting Intel® MKL 11.2 release
- Windows XP*
- Windows Server 2003*
- Windows Vista*
- Red Hat* Enterprise Linux* 5
- SUSE LINUX Enterprise Server* 10
Removed *_MKL95 interfaces
- Notice : *_MKL95 Interfaces are deprecated since MKL 11.0 Beta and will be removed starting MKL 11.2 Beta Release
- Impact: If user compiles the code with MKL 11.2, he/she will need to replace old names to new
- Affected Components:
- Affected files/libraries/docs:
- Renamed the following Modules:
MKL95_PRECISION => F95_PRECISION
MKL95_LAPACK => F95_LAPACK
MKL95_BLAS => F95_BLAS
- Renamed the following subroutines :
SASUM_MKL95 => SASUM_F95
_MKL95 => _F95
Old MKL domain names used for threading settings will be deleted
- Old Intel® MKL domain names used for threading settings like MKL_ALL, MKL_BLAS, MKL_FFT, MKL_VML were deprecated since Intel® MKL 10.3.7
- Affected Components:
- Alternatives : Instead use the names MKL_DOMAIN_ALL, MKL_DOMAIN_BLAS, MKL_DOMAIN_FFT, MKL_DOMAIN_VML, MKL_DOMAIN_PARDISO
Removed old method names & error codes in VSL
- Notice: Old method names & error codes in VSL were deprecated since Intel® MKL 10.3 and will be removed starting MKL 11.2 Beta release
- Description: Method names & error codes were modified to have the name structure better aligned across VSL (RNG, SS, Convolution/Correlation)
Function void MKL_SET_CPU_FREQUENCY (double*) is removed as it was a dummy function
Parameter MKL_AVX_ENABLE for the function " int mkl_enable_instructions(int)" was deprecated since Intel® MKL 10.3 and is now removed
DFTI parameter for the method DFTI_ERROR_CLASS was deprecated since Intel® MKL 10.1.1 and is now removed
Intel® MKL 11.0
• Intel® MKL 11.0 will have backward incompatibility with Intel® MKL 10.2 update 3
• Open MP static library on Microsoft* Windows
• GMP* Arithmetic functions
• Intel® MKL Reference Manual will be removed from product package
• Intel® Pentium® III Processors will no longer be supported
• Red Hat* EL4 and PGI* FORTRAN 10.x support will be dropped
• PGI* Fortran 77 support will be removed
• Disabled timing function mkl_set_cpu_frequency() to perform useful work - use mkl_get_max_cpu_frequency(), mkl_get_clocks_frequency(), and mkl_get_cpu_frequency() as described in the Intel MKL Reference Manual.
• Removed MKL_PARDISO constant- used MKL_DOMAIN_PARDISO to specify the PARDISO domain with the mkl_domain_set_num_threads() function Setting up the System PATH environment variable during installation is removed •
Setting up the System PATH environment variable during installation is removed
• Replaced Support of Mac OS X* 10.6 with Mac OS X* 10.8 in Intel MKL 11.0 as part of Composer XE 2013 (not standalone version of MKL 11.0)•PGI compilers are not supported for Intel® MKL running on Mac OS X* 10.8 Documentation:
•The Intel MKL Reference Manual in HTML format is no longer available with the product (see the KB Article)
•Man pages and Eclipse help integration are no longer provided Please send us your comments at Intel® Premier Support or the Intel® MKL user forum