As a lot of you probably already know, Smoke is a tech demo that showcases a framework to support n-way threading of game technologies. By properly threading a game it can have more accurate physics, smarter AI, more particles, and/or a faster frame-rate. Smoke demonstrates one way to achieve better games.
This week the smoke team released version 1.2 of the Smoke Tech demo. What's new with this release?
- a simpler build and compatibility with Visual Studio 2008 SP1
- Fixed occasional crash when subdividing objects, after physics collision
- Fixed a number of memory leaks and uses of uninitialized memory
- Ambient lighting now lights the shaded side of objects
- Smoke runs faster, mostly due to speedups in fire object code
You can read about it and download the new version here