In this episode Dr. Clay Breshears and I meet with Intel's Paul Petersen to talk about Intel® Parallel Studio 2011’s Parallel Advisor – the cool tool that helps programmers find the best places to inject parrallelism into their code.
But first, the News:
Many conferences this time of year:
- Casual Connect (Casual Games industry Feb 10 – 12 Congress Center, Hamburg, Germany http://europe.casualconnect.org/
- Mobile World Congress Feb 14 – 17 2011 Barcelona, Spain - http://www.mobileworldcongress.com/
- Game Developers Conference - at the Moscone Center in San Francisco - Feb 28 – Mar 4, http://www.gdconf.com/
- ACM Special Interest Group members on Computer Science Education, Sigce is Mar 9 – 12 2011 in Dallas - http://www.sigcse.org/
- 25th IEEE International Parallel & Distributed Processing Symposium isMay 16-20, 2011 - Anchorage (Alaska) USA - http://www.ipdps.org/
- Create your own clever sign-off tag line. The world is waiting. Submit your ideas to: email@example.com If we select and use your line we will broadcast your name in many exciting ways.
About our guest: Intel Developer Products Division Senior Principal Engineer Paul Petersen (SSG) is the architect of products shipping in the Intel® Parallel Studio software package. Previously, Paul was a lead developer of parallel programming languages, and tools at Kuck and Associates, Inc. (KAI), and a founding participant in the OpenMP language standard effort.
Paul holds a Master’s degree and Ph.D. in computer science from the University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign, and is a senior member of the ACM.
Paul proceeds to tell us all about Parallel Advisor - the tool that helps programmers find the best opportunities for parallelism in code.
Find out more info here: /en-us/articles/intel-parallel-studio-home/ where you can download and try the software for free.
Tune in next Tuesday, Feb 15th at 8am when Intel Engineer Bevin Brett will tell us about the next part of the Parallel Studio, Parallel Advisor story. You don’t want to miss this. Bevin will talk about an actual application of Parallel Advisor and the part it is playing in reducing the time, cost and discomfort of an important medical test. A test that many shy away from – and as a result many miss early detection of cancer. Until next time…
Remember - there’s no use in crying over race conditions