Parallel Universe Magazine - Issue 17, March 2014
- File: parallel-universe-issue-17.pdf
- Size:2.48 MB
- Letter from the Editor, by James Reinders
Performance Master Class
- Turbocharging Open Source Python, R, and Julia-based HPC Applications, by Vipin Kumar E K
With a few simple steps, Python, R, and Julia can be built and installed with Intel® Math Kernel Library (Intel® MKL) support using Intel® compilers for out-of-the-box performance improvements.
- Multithreading and Task Analysis with Intel® VTune™ Amplifer XE 2013, by Vladimir Tsymbal
Save significant time and effort spent designing and supporting parallel algorithms, such as pipeline, by improving parallelism through thread management.
- Speed Threading Performance: Enabling Intel® TSX using Intel® C++ Compiler, by Anoop Madhusoodhanan Prabha
Intel® Transactional Synchronization Extensions (Intel® TSX) can be used to exploit the inherent concurrency of a program by allowing concurrent execution of a critical section.
- Tachyon Ray Tracer: Porting on the Intel® Xeon Phi™ Coprocessor, by Roman Lygin and Dmitry Durnov
Learn how to port Tachyon—an open source ray tracer and part of the Spec MPI* suite—to the Intel® Xeon Phi™ coprocessor or Intel® Xeon® processor.
- Building Native Android* Apps With Intel® C++ Compiler, by Anoop Madhusoodhanan Prabha
What can the Intel® C++ Compiler do for your Android* applications? Take a quick look at key features and benefits.