UEFI Boot over PXE Network for OS Provisioning is getting failure. There is no DHCP Request received for UEFI DHCP PXE Client.

UEFI Boot over PXE Network for OS Provisioning is getting failure. There is no DHCP Request received for UEFI DHCP PXE Client.

Hi,

I have been struggling from past many days with UEFI boot over PXE Network. We have our own Boot Server (Windows and Linux) which perform OS Installation over network for PXE Boot Client. It listen DHCP request (port 67), TFTP request (port 69) and BINL request (port 4011). Our server is working fine for BIOS Boot and OS Installation over network. But when we added support for UEFI Boot and OS Installation over network, It is causing failure. We found DHCP DORA process is not working. When we boot a target using UEFI over PXE network, we get the Discover packet from PXE Client and we reply with DHCP offer packet with proper DHCP options but even after that PXE client keep sending Discover packet and there is no DHCP request broadcasted from client and UEFI Booting get failure for OS Installation. 

We do not get any DHCP request on port 67 and 4011 for further communication for OS Installation. Same time this implementation is working fine for BIOS Boot and OS Installation.

Some of the forum people ask me set the DHCP option 66 and 67 but setting these option couldn't make any difference for me and got same kind of failure.

According to Intel PXE specifications there is no difference between BIOS and UEFI Boot. So same implementation must work for UEFI as well. There is no way to find out the problem at DHCP PXE client side as there is no way to see the traces or logs on UEFI Boot console. 

I have Wireshark capture for booting network If require, I can upload further. Yet I have attached screenshot capture of the DHCP Discover packet from PXE client and DHCP Offer packet from my Boot Server to the DHCP client. After that there no further DHCP Request Packet to complete DORA process on port 67 and 4011.

Looking urgent help as of now did not make any progress further so far.

Thnx

Nitin

2 帖子 / 0 全新
最新文章
如需更全面地了解编译器优化,请参阅优化注意事项

Hi Nitin,

have you found a solution ? We are facing the same issue and wireshark does show the same result as your. Legacy BIOS boot is working fine, but when switching the Device to UEFI, it never sends a DHCP Request after getting DHCP Offers which seems to be correct from a trace perspective. 

If you found a solution, please let me know.

Thx,

发表评论

登录添加评论。还不是成员?立即加入