License files for server with multiple hostid values

License files for server with multiple hostid values

Martyn Klassen的头像

I have a system with multiple active ethernet interfaces, and consequently multiple hostid values. I would like to use the hostid for eth1, since this is the interface that all clients which need to checkout licenses can acces.However, the INTEL vendor daemon complains unless I use the first (eth0) hostid when generating the license file. But then compiler checkout a license because it cannot access the eth0 interface on the license server. On those systems that have physical access to eth0, the checkout works fine when I set the hostname to correspond to eth0, but this is obviously unacceptable as all clients cannot reach eth0. How do you configure the license manager on an interface that is not eth0?

6 帖子 / 0 new
最新文章
如需更全面地了解编译器优化,请参阅优化注意事项
Martyn Klassen的头像

Although the license files must be created with the eth0 hostid, my issues relating to obtaining a license on eth1 were related to a firewall configuration. To pass FLEXlm traffic through the firewall on eth1, I needed to specify the port by adding a PORT=12345 to the end of the VENDOR INTEL line in the license file and then open the corresponding port in the firewall.

hubert-haberstock (Intel)的头像

Martyn,
I'll check and try to find a solution.
Regards,
Hubert.

Martyn,
What shows lmhostid?
If it displays the second hostid (foreth1) then you can try to use this for modifying your licnese file.
Regards,
Hubert.

Martyn,
Please let me know if you need further help. Did your run lmhostid? Did it show 2 host ids? If yes, you can use any of both. If this didn't help, I need to investigate further.
Regards, Hubert.

Martyn,
I'd like to know if my suggestion helped. Were you able to run the Intel license manager now on the secondary ethernet card?
Hubert.

登陆并发表评论。