Namelist read error

Namelist read error

Hi,
I am getting 182 I/O status errors (invalid variable name), reading namelists that have variables with underscores and numeric characters in them. Is this normal? I have not found anything in the release notes or the users guide about special naming conventions for namelist variables. The variables that are causing problems all have an underscore and a number at the end of the name, (e.g. "REFINE_MAN_1"), which is the only thing I can see that differentiates them from other variables in out namelists. We have variables with underscores that read fine, and we have variables with numbers at the end of the name that read fine. If I exclude the variables named in this way the namelist read succeeds with no errors.

We are using Version 7.0 (Build 20021028Z) on RH7.2.
Thanks,
Harley Tigner

5 帖子 / 0 全新
最新文章
如需更全面地了解编译器优化,请参阅优化注意事项
Steve Lionel (Intel)的头像

It's not normal. See if 7.1 fixes it.

Steve

Steve

Hello Steve,
I have found what I think is the problem behind my original post. There were embedded tabs in the lines with the offending variables in the namelist. Once I removed the tabs the namelist read fine, including the variables I mentioned before.
I replaced all of the tabs with spaces to get it to work, but is this something that should fail?
Thanks again,
Harley Tigner

Steve Lionel (Intel)的头像

Tabs should be treated as if they were spaces. You can report the problem through Premier Support or wait for the "combined technology" product late this year which will replace the "Intel Classic" run-time library with the "Compaq (DEC) Classic" RTL that gets this right.

Steve

Steve

Hi Steve,
This "combined technology product", by any chance will it include support for indexed file I/O? We are migrating from IRIX to LINUX and are in the process of coverting all of our fortran I/O into Berkeley databases because there is no compiler currently available that supports indexed file I/O.
Thanks,
Harley Tigner

登陆并发表评论。