Creating a Havok skeleton and/or animation at runtime ?

Creating a Havok skeleton and/or animation at runtime ?

Hello, I've searched (albeit briefly) and have been unable to find any solution for my problem.The thing is I don't want/am unable to use 3DS Max or any of the commercial 3D modeling software suites that Havok Content Tools support. I have a few years of experience with Blender, and I use it as a primary tool for all my modeling and animation needs.So my question is - which would be the best way to export an animation from Blender ?Note: I don't mind writing my own exporter for Blender and importer for my engine.Any XML/non-binary version of the hkx animation/skeleton format available ?Or maybe a hint on how to create animations and skeletons at runtime ? (Which I won't be doing, of course, but it would be the same thing for writing a converter)Any help is greatly appreciated! :)

4 帖子 / 0 全新
最新文章
如需更全面地了解编译器优化,请参阅优化注意事项

Hi:The Havok Content Tools do not support Blender. There is a simple and free way you can probably try to make it work though.Generally speaking, Autodesk provides a free mod tool for Nocommercial Game Creation and Modding:

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/pc/item?id=13571257&siteID=123112

And the Havok Content Tolls can install on it. So you can

1. Export model file from Blender as a Software
supported file format. (like FBX or XSI, recommend FBX)

2. Import it into Software Mod Tool.

3. Use the Havok Content Tools - Filter Manager in the Software Mod Tool to export into Havok formats like usual.

Of courst, you can write your onw plugins for Blender to export a model into a Havok Format XML file. This might be a difficult task depending on your knowledge of the Blender APIs. This is not something we have done before.

There is documentation about the Havok XML format you can refer to:

"Content
Tools Manual / Integrating with the Havok Content Tools / The Havok Scene Data
Format"

I also recommend you reading the

"Common
Havok Components / Serialization" section

to have a frief idea about how Havok serialization works for XML files.

The

"Program
Files\Havok\HavokContentTools\hctStandAloneFilterManager.exe"

is a very useful tool to help you understand Havok's XML format as well. You can use it to open one of the model files in the demos(for
example: Demo\Demos\Resources\Animation\HavokGirl\
hkRig_L8101.hkx), add a View XML filter and Run Configuration. It has a friendly UI for analyzing the Havok XML format. Adding a "Write to Platform filter" allows you to export the model as an XML file. And then you can use pretty much any Text Editor Tool to openthat
file and analyze the content.

If you just want to create a Havok animation file with your
animation data, you can try to:

Create a hkaInterleavedUncompressedAnimation object
with raw animation data, please refer

Havok Animation\Animation and Rig
Representation\Animation Representation\Interleaved Animations

for the format
of an interleaved animation data.

Create a hkaSplineCompressedAnimation object or
whatever compressed animation format you want by using the uncompressed
animation data created in step 1.

Demos\Animation\Api\Compression\Standard

Is a good sample of how to compress an
animation.

Use the hkSerializeUtil to save the new object
out as a hkt or hkx file.

Hope it is helpful

Cheers

Joe Developer Support Engineer Havok www.havok.com

Thank you very much for the quick reply. I'll take the second route, as I've written an exporter for Blender before. Alternatively I'll try to convert an OGRE .skeleton (for which there's already an exporter to .hkx XML).Again, thanks a lot! If I write something useful I'll definitely post a link here.

Hi:It will be very helpful for the people who is using Havok with Blender as a Modeller. Let me know if you have any problem.Thank you and good luck.

Joe Developer Support Engineer Havok www.havok.com

登陆并发表评论。