[-1] MPI startup(): Imported environment partly inaccesible

Guillaume De Nayer的头像

Hi,

If I start the IMB-MPI1 benchmark (or others programs) with "mpirun -genv I_MPI_DEBUG 5", I get:

How can I solve this problem ?

Thx a lot,
best regards
Guillaume

6 帖子 / 0 new
最新文章
如需更全面地了解编译器优化,请参阅优化注意事项
James Tullos (Intel)的头像

Hi Guillame,

I have seen this message, and I have never noticed a problem related to it. I am checking with others to get an explanation for the cause of themessage and if it could point to another possible problem.

Sincerely,
James Tullos
Technical Consulting Engineer
Intel Cluster Tools

Guillaume De Nayer的头像

Hi,

On the cluster, the intel suite is installed on the frontend and then, the directory is exported to the nodes. Can the error/warning message come from that ?

If the intel suite is just installed on the frontend and then exported via NFS, do we have to do anything special during the installation ? special options...?

Thx a lot
Guillaume

James Tullos (Intel)的头像

Hi Guillame,

Installing on a shared location is perfectly fine. That's actually the setup I have on most of the systems I use for testing.

What I've been told about thatmessage is that it is due to process pinning being disabled for any reason. So unless you are using process pinning, this message is not a concern. However, it is confusing, and there is now a push to change it.

Sincerely,
James Tullos
Intel Cluster Tools

Guillaume De Nayer的头像

THx for your answer. So the message is not relevant for us.

But in order to install on a shared location, shall we enable special options during the installation or just do a standard installation ?

Thx

James Tullos (Intel)的头像

Hi Guillame,

There's no difference in installing on a shared vs. non-shared location as far as installation procedure. Your license might restrict this, but that is a separate issue.

Sincerely,
James Tullos
Intel Cluster Tools

登陆并发表评论。