Cross genre games

Cross genre games

Hi,Our game is a RPG-strategy hybrid, how should we deicide what caterory to choose in the submission form? If we decide it's more of a strategy game and judges will percive it as a RPG would we loose the chance to win the Strategy Category award?Thanks

6 帖子 / 0 全新
最新文章
如需更全面地了解编译器优化,请参阅优化注意事项

Piotro,

You will just need to decide which of the categories you think your game would do the best in.

~Mitch

Piotro has a valid point. Most of the games can be categorized in at least two genre. Also genre like 'casual' and 'educational' are not defined and can include any other genre, e.g. a racing game can be educational too depending on content, and it can be called casual.I request Intel to allow us to select at least two categories for a single game.

You both raise a very valid point and we can consider this for next year, but the rules have been posted for months and it would be unfair to change or amend the rules in the middle of a contest.

~Mitch

It is not written in the rules that who'll select the category. Let the participant select the category but also give flexibility to judges to change it if they think "a particular game would be a winner if just the cateory was different".

Piotro,

You select the category when you submit your entry. I would be hesitant to allow the judges to move games around to categories other than what the developer self-selected. Again, we cannot modify the rules mid-contest, but we can explore doing a more flexible process in the future.

I will also note, the "best of" game demo is regardless of category. So make the best demo you can that will impress the judges and not worry about the cross genre aspect because everyone is in the running for the grand prize.

~Mitch

发表评论

登录添加评论。还不是成员?立即加入