32-bit processes with PTU don't work?

32-bit processes with PTU don't work?

It appears that PTU has only minimal support for profiling 32-bit processes on 64-bit Windows. Since most Windows developers run 64-bit Windows this effectively means that PTU does not support 32-bit processes. That's a problem since most processes are 32-bit processes -- all of our products are. The symptom is that when you use one of the other profiling types the samples that hit in 32-bit moduldes all show up as Module: .

My experience is that Basic Statistical Callgraph works for 32-bit processes on 64-bit Windows, but none of the other sampling types do. But, I haven't found this documented so I'd appreciate clarification of this.

I'm particularly interested in knowing when PTU will have full support for 32-bit processes. Until then I will not be able to use it. If there is a work-around to make this work then I would be very interested in hearing about it.

I moved this from the VTune Amplifier XE and VTune... forum -- I hadn't previously found the PTU forums.

5 帖子 / 0 全新
最新文章
如需更全面地了解编译器优化,请参阅优化注意事项

Somehow my old answer did not appear here.
PTU should work well with any mix of 32-bit and 64-bit binaries.
Probably you faced one of strange bugs.

If you are interested in a well supported profiler you would better useIntel VTune Amplifier XE in your development process.

It should work fine but you should check your motherboard bios , and if you are using a compatible OS some WindowsOS are restricted because of it version like basic or starter,

It should work fine but you should check your motherboard bios , and if you are using a compatible OS some WindowsOS are restricted because of it version like basic or starter,

登陆并发表评论。