Compiling the Linux Kernel with ICC 11.1.xxx or 12.0

Compiling the Linux Kernel with ICC 11.1.xxx or 12.0

I was reading the article "Compiling the Linux Kernel with Intel C++ Compiler 12" and I saw the following line.

The issue comes from the inline assember not being supported.

"With a small wrapper script and a limited number of temporary source patches, weve successfully compiled Linux kernels 2.4.21, 2.6.9, 2.6.18 and 2.6.32 with the Intel C++ Compilers on IA-32, Intel 64 and IA-64."

I have some questions

1) Did you actually get the kernel running on IA-64?
2) If so what versions and can you post the temporary source patches you used to get it to compile?

I would really like to stop the floating point traps in the kernel and the audio cutting out randomly on my zx6000 and rx5670. I remember getting icc compiling linux 2.6.27 but I can't remember how I did it and in my stupidity I deleted the .deb file I created.

Thank you in advance

2 帖子 / 0 全新
最新文章
如需更全面地了解编译器优化,请参阅优化注意事项

Hi there,

The description in the article is not precise. I've successfully compiled Linux kernel 2.4.21 and 2.6.9 with iccon IA-64 a few years ago. I didn't put a lot of efforts since that. On the other hand, I've compiled 2.4.21, 2.6.9, 2.6.18 and 2.6.32 with icc on IA-32 and Intel 64 respectively. The Linux kernels can run. Were you looking for solutions for runtime errors you observed? If yes, I don't have advice for you right now. But I can help review your tempary source patches.

Thanks,
Feilong

发表评论

登录添加评论。还不是成员?立即加入