Alternative Camera Capture application for MCA available?

Alternative Camera Capture application for MCA available?

Hello,

i am new to the motion F5 and like it very much.
we are having problems with the standard camera application that comes with it:

i need a camera application that can be given the picture type (jpg) and the file path / file name.
is there somebody who wants to share/sell such a already finished and working application?

is anybody else having problems to get unblurred pictures with the camera? or is that a software issue?

5 帖子 / 0 全新
最新文章
如需更全面地了解编译器优化,请参阅优化注意事项

Hi wirtnix,

When you take a picture and save it on the Motion C5/F5, you can specify the directory and file type (bmp, jpg,png,gif, tiff) when you save it. I am not sure if you are aware of this, or if you are looking for someone to share an API to do the same within your application.

Wehave not seen any reports of blurry pictures, so make sure you check that the lens is clean and not covered with a protective label of some sort. You may also want to check with Motion to see if they have some suggestions.

Thanks,
Steve

Quoting - Steven Murray (Intel)

Hi wirtnix,

When you take a picture and save it on the Motion C5/F5, you can specify the directory and file type (bmp, jpg,png,gif, tiff) when you save it. I am not sure if you are aware of this, or if you are looking for someone to share an API to do the same within your application.

Wehave not seen any reports of blurry pictures, so make sure you check that the lens is clean and not covered with a protective label of some sort. You may also want to check with Motion to see if they have some suggestions.

Thanks,
Steve

thank you for your reply.
the problem is the following:
the application starts - and then the standard-image type is BMP.
the user now always has to change the image type manually to jpg.

and much worse:
most of the time the application starts, and after focussing to something completely unknown objects.... captures the image without a pressing of the camera-button.
i dont know why this is happening.
is there a way to switch this behaviour off?

Quoting - wirtnix

thank you for your reply.
the problem is the following:
the application starts - and then the standard-image type is BMP.
the user now always has to change the image type manually to jpg.

and much worse:
most of the time the application starts, and after focussing to something completely unknown objects.... captures the image without a pressing of the camera-button.
i dont know why this is happening.
is there a way to switch this behaviour off?

uh. and one more thing to mention:
it runs on Windows 7
so the camera is not in the systems scanners and camera-listing.
my retail partner said, there is a problem with windows 7 handling of cameras.

ist there a solution for this, so i can use a twain-compatible app for this?

Hi wirtnix,

The ability to change the image file type is not part of the default MCA behavior. However, using the MCA APIs you can set the default file type to whatever you want. Look at the MCA SDK camera examples for the programming languages of your choice and you can tweak it to set the default image type through API. These MCA SDK examples are a good start and work great for basic functionality. You can refer to the API documentation of the respective language for lots of detail on the changes that can be done. The MCA supports for Windows BMP, JPEG, PNG, GIF and TIFF and you can use any of these.

For the camera specific questions you will have to go to Motion Computing as it is there MCA specific hardware. However, I do know they have the C5/F5 running with Windows 7 so I am sure it can be resolved for you.

Thanks,
Steve

发表评论

登录添加评论。还不是成员?立即加入