Getting Array Visualizer to Work with VS2008 and IVF11.0!!!

Getting Array Visualizer to Work with VS2008 and IVF11.0!!!

Ok. So there I was. Pulling what little hair I have left out trying to get Array Visualizer to work with Intel Visual Fortran. Lots of forums and searches and communications with the Fortran Dr. later, I think I got it. Beware, I am a beginner with Array Visualizer, and not much better with IVF, but that may be what some people are looking for. If I have mistakes, please correct me.

I will use the sample code called "Update" which comes with the Array Visualizer package that is a free download from Intel. I assume that the same settings are required for any project. Actually using the Array Visualizer to look at stuff in your own fortran programs will be up to you, since I haven't actually gotten that far yet. However, I am assuming that you know the basics of using VS2008 to program in Fortran. So here we go, step by step.

1. Install VS2008 - This should be easy.

2.Download and installArray Visualizer
a. The current version is 3.3 and can be download here:
http://www.intel.com/cd/software/products/asmo-na/eng/compilers/226302.htm

b. Make sureyouinstalltheVisualizer not the Viewer. Installing the Visualizertakes care of the viewer.
c. Addthe following to your PATH: C:[Install Dir]\\bin
d. Create an environment variable for Array Visualizer (same path as b. - bin)

3. Install IVF. The most current versionis 11.0.If you have it installed already, uninstall and reinstall after installing the Visualizer. This takes a while but it works.

Now it's time to start programming. (really just copying and pasting)

4.Open a new Project in VS2008 and call it Upate (it can be whatever).
a. This project can be a CONSOLE or QWIN, but later whichever one you do will matter

5. Project ->Add Existing Item ->[Array Visualizer Install Directory]\\Samples\\Fortran\\Update\\update.f90
Project -> Add Existing Item -> [Array Visualizer Install Directory]\\include\\AvFRT.f90

6. SetVS settings:
a. Tools -> Options -> Intel Visual Fortran -> Compilers
1) Under Executables add: "C:\\Program Files\\Intel\\Array Visualizer\\bin"
2) Under Libraries add: "C:\\Program Files\\Intel\\Array Visualizer\\lib"
3) Under Includes add: "C:\\Program Files\\Intel\\Array Visualizer\\include"

***Make sure you include the quotes

7. Set Project Settings
a. Project -> Properties -> Fortran -> General -> Additional Include Directories: "C:\\Program Files\\Intel\\Array Visualize\\rinclude"
b. Project -> Properties -> Linker ->:
1)General ->Additional Library Directories: "C:\\Program Files\\Intel\\Array Visualizer\\lib"
2) Input -> Additional Dependencies: "C:\\Program Files\\Intel\\Array Visualizer\\lib\\AvFRT.lib" ole32.liboleaut32.lib

Now compile and run the program. It should work. I just did it again tonight. Way cool!!!

Hopefully this will help. I am going to start using the array visualizer to model shock waves and other physical phenomena. It should just be a matter ofcalling the modules and routines that come with Array Visualizer (most of them found in AvFRT.f90 and hopefully this is where the Array Visualizer Docs will make up the difference.

Let me know if there are problems or issues with this information.

Mike

6 帖子 / 0 全新
最新文章
如需更全面地了解编译器优化,请参阅优化注意事项

Quoting - usachemo

Ok. So there I was. Pulling what little hair I have left out trying to get Array Visualizer to work with Intel Visual Fortran. Lots of forums and searches and communications with the Fortran Dr. later, I think I got it. Beware, I am a beginner with Array Visualizer, and not much better with IVF, but that may be what some people are looking for. If I have mistakes, please correct me.

I will use the sample code called "Update" which comes with the Array Visualizer package that is a free download from Intel. I assume that the same settings are required for any project. Actually using the Array Visualizer to look at stuff in your own fortran programs will be up to you, since I haven't actually gotten that far yet. However, I am assuming that you know the basics of using VS2008 to program in Fortran. So here we go, step by step.

b. Make sureyouinstalltheVisualizer not the Viewer. Installing the Visualizertakes care of the viewer.
c. Addthe following to your PATH: C:[Install Dir]bin

3. Install IVF. The most current versionis 11.0.If you have it installed already, uninstall and reinstall after installing the Visualizer. This takes a while but it works.

a. This project can be a CONSOLE or QWIN, but later whichever one you do will matter

5. Project ->Add Existing Item ->[Array Visualizer Install Directory]SamplesFortranUpdateupdate.f90
Project -> Add Existing Item -> [Array Visualizer Install Directory]includeAvFRT.f90

6. SetVS settings:
1) Under Executables add: "C:Program FilesIntelArray Visualizerbin"
2) Under Libraries add: "C:Program FilesIntelArray Visualizerlib"
3) Under Includes add: "C:Program FilesIntelArray Visualizerinclude"

7. Set Project Settings
a. Project -> Properties -> Fortran -> General -> Additional Include Directories: "C:Program FilesIntelArray Visualizerinclude"
1)General ->Additional Library Directories: "C:Program FilesIntelArray Visualizerlib"
2) Input -> Additional Dependencies: "C:Program FilesIntelArray VisualizerlibAvFRT.lib" ole32.liboleaut32.lib

Now compile and run the program. It should work. I just did it again tonight. Way cool!!!

Hopefully this will help. I am going to start using the array visualizer to model shock waves and other physical phenomena. It should just be a matter ofcalling the modules and routines that come with Array Visualizer (most of them found in AvFRT.f90 and hopefully this is where the Array Visualizer Docs will make up the difference.

Mike

thanks very much .But I have 2 questions.
1.About your step 2.b and 2.d .I want to know how to add the install path to my PATH,I can't find the PATH in Array
Visualizer.AndI don't kown how to creat my enviroment variable.
2.When I uninstall and reinstall my IVF,Array Visualizer is available in my VS2008,but if I use it in debug,Array
Visualizer always crashes the VS2008.I find someone have the same problem.

Quoting - sxs08

1.About your step 2.b and 2.d .I want to know how to add the install path to my PATH,I can't find the PATH in Array
2.When I uninstall and reinstall my IVF,Array Visualizer is available in my VS2008,but if I use it in debug,Array

I had the exact same problem with VS2008 crashing. It's a big pain but I know it is fixable. I found the solution on another forum awhile back but I can't remember now. I'll repost if I can find it.

Quoting - hookey

I had the exact same problem with VS2008 crashing. It's a big pain but I know it is fixable. I found the solution on another forum awhile back but I can't remember now. I'll repost if I can find it.

Thank you very much!

Quoting - sxs08

Quoting - usachemo

c. Addthe following to your PATH: C:[Install Dir]bin

5. Project ->Add Existing Item ->[Array Visualizer Install Directory]SamplesFortranUpdateupdate.f90
Project -> Add Existing Item -> [Array Visualizer Install Directory]includeAvFRT.f90

6. SetVS settings:
1) Under Executables add: "C:Program FilesIntelArray Visualizerbin"
2) Under Libraries add: "C:Program FilesIntelArray Visualizerlib"
3) Under Includes add: "C:Program FilesIntelArray Visualizerinclude"

7. Set Project Settings
a. Project -> Properties -> Fortran -> General -> Additional Include Directories: "C:Program FilesIntelArray Visualizerinclude"
1)General ->Additional Library Directories: "C:Program FilesIntelArray Visualizerlib"
2) Input -> Additional Dependencies: "C:Program FilesIntelArray VisualizerlibAvFRT.lib" ole32.liboleaut32.lib

Mike

Environment variables (like PATH) are Windows OS things, nothing to do with AV. Read the Windows help to find out how to add to PATH.

Hi :
When I have done after your introduction,I compile my program,then the window shows that 'some parameter must be have interface', But when I delete the path that concludeArray Visulizer , It works well !
Does this mean vs crashed ??
Thanks for your reply!

发表评论

登录添加评论。还不是成员?立即加入