Problem reading Tag-it HF-I (ISO 15693) tags with Panasonic MCA CF-H1

Problem reading Tag-it HF-I (ISO 15693) tags with Panasonic MCA CF-H1

rmunozat4的头像

Hello

I have problem reading Tag-it HF-I (ISO 15693) tag with the rfid reader of new Panasonic MCA CF-H1 with the Intel MCA Platform Driver

The embbebed reader is a OMNIKEY cardman 5x21-cl 0.

With thw "Omnikey Diagnostic Tool" software, the tags are readed correctly, but the Intel MCA software show the error "No tags found".

Other tags type, for example ICODE-SLI are readed correctly by Intel MCA software

The versin of the Intel MCA Platform Driver is version 2.0.0 compiled 25057

For some time, Gokhan Manduz wrote a message similar:

http://software.intel.com/en-us/forums/showthread.php?t=62146

is it some bug with the Panasonic version of Intel MCA Platform Driver ?

I also have a Motion C5, and the Tag-it HF-I are readed correctly.

Thank's very much

5 帖子 / 0 new
最新文章
如需更全面地了解编译器优化,请参阅优化注意事项
Steven Murray (Intel)的头像
Quoting - rmunozat4 Hello

I have problem reading Tag-it HF-I (ISO 15693) tag with the rfid reader of new Panasonic MCA CF-H1 with the Intel MCA Platform Driver

The embbebed reader is a OMNIKEY cardman 5x21-cl 0.

With thw "Omnikey Diagnostic Tool" software, the tags are readed correctly, but the Intel MCA software show the error "No tags found".

Other tags type, for example ICODE-SLI are readed correctly by Intel MCA software

The versin of the Intel MCA Platform Driver is version 2.0.0 compiled 25057

For some time, Gokhan Manduz wrote a message similar:

http://software.intel.com/en-us/forums/showthread.php?t=62146

is it some bug with the Panasonic version of Intel MCA Platform Driver ?

I also have a Motion C5, and the Tag-it HF-I are readed correctly.

Thank's very much

Hi rmunozat4

As noted in the link you referenced in your question, from an Intel MCA software perspective the only difference between how the two systems would handle tags would be how they are configured in the MCA configuration file (intelhealthcare.cfg). The MCA configuration files is located in c:program filesintelmcabin by default. I would recommend that you compare the RFID settings in the two files to see what may be different.

If both MCA configuration files have the same RFID settings, then the MCA software will function the same on both systems.

If that is the case, the next place to look is to see how the RFID hardware may setup differently on the two systems. It is likely that the Panasonic MCA system has different setting in the RFID firmware than the Motion system does, you just need to determine what that setting is that is affecting the behavior you are seeing.

Please let us know if/when you determine what the difference is.

Thanks,
Steve

rmunozat4的头像
Quoting - Steven Murray (Intel)
Hi rmunozat4

As noted in the link you referenced in your question, from an Intel MCA software perspective the only difference between how the two systems would handle tags would be how they are configured in the MCA configuration file (intelhealthcare.cfg). The MCA configuration files is located in c:program filesintelmcabin by default. I would recommend that you compare the RFID settings in the two files to see what may be different.

If both MCA configuration files have the same RFID settings, then the MCA software will function the same on both systems.

If that is the case, the next place to look is to see how the RFID hardware may setup differently on the two systems. It is likely that the Panasonic MCA system has different setting in the RFID firmware than the Motion system does, you just need to determine what that setting is that is affecting the behavior you are seeing.

Please let us know if/when you determine what the difference is.

Thanks,
Steve

Hello Steve
First, Thanks for your answer

The both MCA configuration files have several differences. The main difference is the rfid plugin:

MOTION C5

/Intel/HealthcareSDK/Plugin[3]/FriendlyName = RFID Device
/Intel/HealthcareSDK/Plugin[3]/PluginType = RFID
/Intel/HealthcareSDK/Plugin[3]/InterfaceVersion = 1
/Intel/HealthcareSDK/Plugin[3]/ConnectorType = Type1
/Intel/HealthcareSDK/Plugin[3]/Location = PIRfidTI7960.dll
/Intel/HealthcareSDK/Plugin[3]/AuthorizationKeyType = 1
/Intel/HealthcareSDK/Plugin[3]/AuthorizationKey = 2b8d7075
/Intel/HealthcareSDK/Plugin[3]/ParameterPrefix = /Intel/HealthcareSDK/PluginConfig/Rfid/RFID Device/
/Intel/HealthcareSDK/Plugin[3]/IdleTimeoutSeconds = 30
/Intel/HealthcareSDK/Plugin[3]/ThreadingModel = 1
/Intel/HealthcareSDK/Plugin[3]/Device[0]/Id = 20
/Intel/HealthcareSDK/Plugin[3]/Device[0]/Instance = 0
/Intel/HealthcareSDK/Plugin[3]/Device[0]/Type = 0
/Intel/HealthcareSDK/PluginConfig/Rfid/RFID Device/ReadSizeInBlocks = 31
/Intel/HealthcareSDK/PluginConfig/Rfid/RFID Device/InputChannel = 0
/Intel/HealthcareSDK/PluginConfig/Rfid/RFID Device/AutoGainControl = 0
/Intel/HealthcareSDK/PluginConfig/Rfid/RFID Device/PowerMode = 0
/Intel/HealthcareSDK/PluginConfig/Rfid/RFID Device/FlashLED = 0
/Intel/HealthcareSDK/PluginConfig/Rfid/RFID Device/LEDOnCmd = FA
/Intel/HealthcareSDK/PluginConfig/Rfid/RFID Device/LEDOffCmd = FB
/Intel/HealthcareSDK/PluginConfig/Rfid/RFID Device/BeepOnCmd = FC
/Intel/HealthcareSDK/PluginConfig/Rfid/RFID Device/BeepOffCmd = FD
/Intel/HealthcareSDK/PluginConfig/Rfid/RFID Device/SerialPort = COM4
/Intel/HealthcareSDK/PluginConfig/Rfid/RFID Device/SerialPort/ReadTotalTimeoutConstant = 30
/Intel/HealthcareSDK/PluginConfig/Rfid/RFID Device/SerialPort/ReadTotalTimeoutMultiplier = 40
/Intel/HealthcareSDK/PluginConfig/Rfid/RFID Device/SerialPort/WriteTotalTimeoutConstant = 30
/Intel/HealthcareSDK/PluginConfig/Rfid/RFID Device/SerialPort/WriteTotalTimeoutMultiplier = 20

PANASONIC CF-H1
/Intel/HealthcareSDK/Plugin[3]/FriendlyName = RFID Device
/Intel/HealthcareSDK/Plugin[3]/PluginType = RFID
/Intel/HealthcareSDK/Plugin[3]/InterfaceVersion = 1
/Intel/HealthcareSDK/Plugin[3]/ConnectorType = Type1
/Intel/HealthcareSDK/Plugin[3]/Location = PIRfidPanasonic.dll
/Intel/HealthcareSDK/Plugin[3]/AuthorizationKeyType = 1
/Intel/HealthcareSDK/Plugin[3]/AuthorizationKey = 91efaed1
/Intel/HealthcareSDK/Plugin[3]/ParameterPrefix = /Intel/HealthcareSDK/PluginConfig/Rfid/RFID Device/
/Intel/HealthcareSDK/Plugin[3]/IdleTimeoutSeconds = 30
/Intel/HealthcareSDK/Plugin[3]/ThreadingModel = 1
/Intel/HealthcareSDK/Plugin[3]/Device[0]/Id = 22
/Intel/HealthcareSDK/Plugin[3]/Device[0]/Instance = 0
/Intel/HealthcareSDK/Plugin[3]/Device[0]/Type = 0
/Intel/HealthcareSDK/Plugin[3]/Device[1]/Id = 23
/Intel/HealthcareSDK/Plugin[3]/Device[1]/Instance = 0
/Intel/HealthcareSDK/Plugin[3]/Device[1]/Type = 0

is there any bug in PIRfidPanasonic.dll dll?

Thanks very much

Ral Muoz

Steven Murray (Intel)的头像

Hi Ral,

The difference you point out in the response above is for the RFID hardware drivers used by each. The Motion MCA uses a different RFID driver than the Panasonic MCA system does. These drivers are provided by the hardware manufactures (in this case Motion and Panasonic). The Intel MCA software references the drivers in the MCA configuration file as instructed by the hardware manufacturer, but the drivers themselvesare not part of the Intel MCA software.

I have been in communication with Panasonic on this issue and they are investigating it now. I will update you as they provide issue updates.

If you have not contacted the Panasonic support team you may want to go ahead and let them know about the issue so they can collect additional data from you if necessary.

Thanks,
Steve

Steven Murray (Intel)的头像

Hi Ral,

Panasonic has posted an update on this issue on their web site. See the link below:

https://eww.pavc.panasonic.co.jp/pc/cgi-bin/itn/toughbook/dl02.cgi?main=...

Please refer to the topic "Feb 25, 2009 About the RFID Tag restriction for CF-H1A (mk1)."

Thanks,
Steve

登陆并发表评论。