Problem with xflash in Linux

Problem with xflash in Linux

Hi,

I installed the Intel C++ Software Development Tool Suite for Linux* OS on a Kubuntu 8.04 desktop. When i try to program an intel imote2 with the xflash program in the tool suite I have the following error message:

./xflash.sh -p intelmote2 blob -offset 0x00000000
XFLASH - Intel C++ JTAG Debugger Flash Memory Tool - Version: 3.3.1
Copyright (c) 2001 - 2008 Intel Corporation. All rights reserved.

Selected platform: INTELMOTE2

Task : burn flash
File to burn : blob

Intel C++ JTAG Debugger 1.1 [1.1510.2.20] for Linux* OS Supporting Mobile Internet DevicesCopyright(c) 2001-2008 Intel Corporation. All rights reserved.Connecting to target via "usb:" ...
Fatal Error: No error detected

The debugger will now be closed.

The JTAG cable and the usb cable are both connected. It seems that xflash is using the wrong device ("usb" instead of "lpt1:1"). Is there a way to fix this problem? Do I need specific configuration for xflash to work properlly under linux?

Thanks in advance for the help.

4 帖子 / 0 全新
最新文章
如需更全面地了解编译器优化,请参阅优化注意事项

Hi,
to my knowledge Imote2 is still an XScale based device, whereas the Intel C++ Software Development Tool Suite dor Linux Supporting MIDs targets the Intel Atom Processor..
The XFlash program included in this tool suite currently uses the XDP JTAG probe, which is USB based.
The XFlash program included in the Windows hosted and XScale targeted tool suite we end-of-lifed over a year ago used to use an Intel cable called Blackstone or a device by Macraigor Systems LLC - both used a parallel port interface.
I am afraid that for Imote support you will probably have to go back to the old XScale targeted tool suite - without support.
Sorry, Rob

Hello Robert,

Thank you for your reply. It has been very helpful to me, because I'm working with an iMote2 right now, and I'm trying to flash Linux on it. Untill now, nothing has worked.

Do you have any advice for me? Do you know how I can get the old XScale Intel tool suite, or the XFlash (needed to the flashing)? I tried to find it, but every attempt was in vain. I am a graduate student working in a research project.

Thank you for your time.

Quoting - Robert MuellerAlbrecht (Intel)

Hi,
to my knowledge Imote2 is still an XScale based device, whereas the Intel C++ Software Development Tool Suite dor Linux Supporting MIDs targets the Intel Atom Processor..
The XFlash program included in this tool suite currently uses the XDP JTAG probe, which is USB based.
The XFlash program included in the Windows hosted and XScale targeted tool suite we end-of-lifed over a year ago used to use an Intel cable called Blackstone or a device by Macraigor Systems LLC - both used a parallel port interface.
I am afraid that for Imote support you will probably have to go back to the old XScale targeted tool suite - without support.
Sorry, Rob

Hi,
I am afraid the old Intel C++ Software Development Tool Suite for XScale has been End-Of-Life foe almost two years now. There is an enabling software product that is it's successor, which is owned by Marvell Semiconductor Inc.They use it however primarily for enabling and not for public sale.
You may go to http://www.marvell.com/products/cellular/platform_enabling.jspand see whether you can sign up for "Extranet" access there. You may need to get your university department to help with the sign-up process.
Thanks, Rob

发表评论

登录添加评论。还不是成员?立即加入